The BIG strip the titles thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bennett said:

"Going against 42 member clubs"

Did you miss Stewart Milne's recent statement?

What club is Stewart Milne FC and where do they play?

I think that you should of careful on how you define what a club is, what can claim to be one and who can claim to speak on the club's behalf - because,........ well..... reasons...

I'm surprised no one has commented on Spiers' article in Saturday's Times.  No link - it's behind a paywall - but he says:

I get dog's abuse for saying this but I'll say it again. I've got little appetite for Rangers' title-stripping. For two reasons. First, the old Rangers, established in 1972 (sic), foundered in 2012 via liquidation, it is gone.  Ally McCoist has said it himself. 'This decision [going into liquidation] could kill our football club.'  Secondly, no one can have any illusions about the tarnished aspect of these 13 Rangers titles claimed during this period.

So, Britney.  Will he be calling a glazier on Monday?  Or will his wife have to do it, it being difficult to hold a phone when your fingers are all in plaster?

Hopefully Celtic have numerous "imperfectly registered" players on their books between now and their inevitable surpassing on dead Rangers trophy haul.

The ironic tears of injustice from Ibrox would be tremendous. 

8 hours ago, Shades75 said:

What club is Stewart Milne FC and where do they play?

I think that you should of careful on how you define what a club is, what can claim to be one and who can claim to speak on the club's behalf - because,........ well..... reasons...

:lol: what's going to happen if I'm not careful, are you going to say sevco....

22 minutes ago, sjc said:

Hopefully Celtic have numerous "imperfectly registered" players on their books between now and their inevitable surpassing on dead Rangers trophy haul.

The ironic tears of injustice from Ibrox would be tremendous. 

For one so clever, you don't half post some shite.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So what are we at 39 against 3 is this an election,democracy or dictatorship?come on oddball you are defending the indefensible. 

“This is exactly the same position as adopted by the SPFL board on behalf of all Scotland’s 42 professional clubs"

Looks like Sevco also want sevco to be reinvestigated, peters some guy..

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

“This is exactly the same position as adopted by the SPFL board on behalf of all Scotland’s 42 professional clubs"

Looks like Sevco also want sevco to be reinvestigated, peters some guy..

The SFA are acting like a dictator of the game, this is very dangerous ground to take,the refusal of a review is an admission of guilt on the decisions they have made over the passed 6 years,the SFA have brought the game into disrepute admitting a review of the licence giving out in 2011 to the compliance officer. 

There's already been a binding enquiry after Celtics lawyer held an independent review.

You can't keep having reviews until Celtic get the result that they want.

It's not just Celtic that want the review.
Fans from most clubs want it and very few care about retrospectively allocating titles or cups.
Seems only Rangers, their fans and the EBT abuser Stewart Milne are against it

7 minutes ago, scoobles said:

It's not just Celtic that want the review.
Fans from most clubs want it and very few care about retrospectively allocating titles or cups.
Seems only Rangers, their fans and the EBT abuser Stewart Milne are against it

We've been investigated twice - by the SFA and the (then) SPL and in both cases found guilty and punished.  What, then, do you want reviewed?  The governing bodies for doing their job?  Us so that we can be found guiltier?

In fact, this whole review issue is about one thing only - the morbidly inadequate thinking we weren't punished enough.  Thus it's a witch hunt and should be eschewed by all reasonable-minded people.

Archived