The BIG strip the titles thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40951947

surely no need to actually have your players properly registered 

I saw this earlier.

Now the argument will be that while this guy is apparently ineligible, the Rangers players were deemed not to be.

Why is the Albion Rovers player ineligible?  Does anyone know?

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I saw this earlier.

Now the argument will be that while this guy is apparently ineligible, the Rangers players were deemed not to be.

Why is the Albion Rovers player ineligible?  Does anyone know?

No but that won't stop the sevco'ing.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It does again highlight how such questions are traditionally addressed though.

My understanding is that Rangers could not be punished because they were not caught at the time. So some "statute of limitation," exists. What is the length of that period; a day, an hour, before the game is over, a week, a month?, and when did the SFA actually know that the players were not registered correctly given that the head of the SFA was in on the scam. 

8 hours ago, Insaintee said:

My understanding is that Rangers could not be punished because they were not caught at the time. So some "statute of limitation," exists. What is the length of that period; a day, an hour, before the game is over, a week, a month?, and when did the SFA actually know that the players were not registered correctly given that the head of the SFA was in on the scam. 

All good questions, none of which I know the answer to.

On 16/08/2017 at 23:44, Insaintee said:

Neither was the Albion Rovers player.  It was after the match and therefore cannot be dealt with retrospectively.  To be consistent, he should have been prevented from playing in the first place or when the teams took to the pitch, someone from the authorities should have ensured that he was removed from the subs bench.  No point in trying to now seek redress retrospectively (there may be actually be a point but it will also require redefining the word retrospectively.)

56 minutes ago, strichener said:

Neither was the Albion Rovers player.  It was after the match and therefore cannot be dealt with retrospectively.  To be consistent, he should have been prevented from playing in the first place or when the teams took to the pitch, someone from the authorities should have ensured that he was removed from the subs bench.  No point in trying to now seek redress retrospectively (there may be actually be a point but it will also require redefining the word retrospectively.)

It's a point I know exists, but genuinely don't understand.  

Because nothing was done at the time, the Rangers players who were misleadingly registered, couldn't be deemed ineligible long afterwards.  I honestly don't know how this works.  If there's a time limit, I've not seen it.

12 hours ago, Insaintee said:

What sporting advantage did Albion Rovers gaine by having an improperly registered player on the bench?

Indeed.

That's the point that renders all the stuff about whether a sporting advantage was sought or gained, or whether players would have signed for Rangers anyway, utterly redundant.

Those clinging to such rubbish are absolutely missing the point, sometimes deliberately.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Indeed.

That's the point that renders all the stuff about whether a sporting advantage was sought or gained, or whether players would have signed for Rangers anyway, utterly redundant.

Those clinging to such rubbish are absolutely missing the point, sometimes deliberately.

Anyway, I do accept LNS's verdict, in that in law, it stands. I simply must accept it and therefore do.

Archived