The BIG strip the titles thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Och we are shite for the time being . Accepted that.That's life . Form is temporary but class is permanent .

This is so true. I think Arthur Miller summed it up well in the Crucible. "Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life!". Its why I never really bothered about stripping titles from Rangers or the new club, old club arguments.

You only get one name.

27 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

This is so true. I think Arthur Miller summed it up well in the Crucible. "Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life!". Its why I never really bothered about stripping titles from Rangers or the new club, old club arguments.

You only get one name.

Eh?  aka Mr Marilyn Monroe?

25 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

“Since the Supreme Court ruling last week concerning Rangers (pre 2012) use of Employee Benefit Trusts and the final judgment that they were used illegally, The Affiliation have been gathering the views of its delegates.

Our delegate’s views are clear.

This barely-literate shower of dross expect to be taken seriously...

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Bad granma isn't going to stop this every fan can smell it

Doesn't matter if they can touch it, the associations have it sewn up. This is where Kinky has been laughing his ass off saying folk are howling at the moon.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

Page 80, article J22.

Decisions of the Board or a Commission when or in connection with inquiring into and/or determining a matter in terms of Rules J4, J5 and/or J6 shall, subject to any right of appeal to the Judicial Panel in terms of Section J of these Rules, be final and binding.

If they do attempt to reopen the case they'd be breaking their own rules and The Rangers could effectively block it by appeal and win it quite easily

In fact, IF I have read the rules correctly the only entity on earth that could have the case re-examined is The Rangers FC themselves, by right of appeal of the fine they gave to the company/club sent doon the shitter blamed for everything bad. Now I don't see The Rangers contesting a fine which still hasn't been paid by the way and is an active adjudication which would ultimately lead to title stripping, do you? :lol:

Can anyone really be arsed with raking all this up? Celtic are winning everything and will continue to do so. Rangers will never shake the shame of liquidation and are an utter shambles. What is to be gained? What more do Celtic want? The rest of us will continue to lose to Celtic instead of losing to Rangers and Celtic. Rangers could well go burst again.

Is it really worth the effort?

There is a nice summary of what the tax case actually means here:

http://economia.icaew.com/en/news/july-2017/hmrc-wins-rangers-tax-case-in-supreme-court

If LNS enquiry was based on Rangers correctly administering the EBT's then it is evidently based on an incorrect premise. It thus should be revisited or a new enquiry set up.

4 hours ago, Kneetrembler said:

Can anyone really be arsed with raking all this up? Celtic are winning everything and will continue to do so. Rangers will never shake the shame of liquidation and are an utter shambles. What is to be gained? What more do Celtic want? The rest of us will continue to lose to Celtic instead of losing to Rangers and Celtic. Rangers could well go burst again.

Is it really worth the effort?

This isn't about Celtic.

The apathy evident above is precisely what Rangers will rely on to keep titles that should be declared void.

7 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Could get yer precious ten and still be behind us in title wins :lol:

This is where you're most comfortable, isn't it?

Shouting rubbish back at a fellow OF fan about the scale of hollow achievements.

It's when confronted by actual argument and discussion, that you're reduced to posting MC Hammer videos and the like.  So transparent.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

:lol:

What's remotely funny?

Of course Rangers' operation of EBTs and the related player registration issues are scandalous.

Is it just funny because the club appears to have got away with it?

22 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

There is a nice summary of what the tax case actually means here:

http://economia.icaew.com/en/news/july-2017/hmrc-wins-rangers-tax-case-in-supreme-court

If LNS enquiry was based on Rangers correctly administering the EBT's then it is evidently based on an incorrect premise. It thus should be revisited or a new enquiry set up.

That HMRC my have won an appeal was factored in to the enquiry.

Archived