The BIG strip the titles thread

Thought it would be worth having a thread about the stripping of titles issue. Been reading a number of posts on here about it but they're all over the place on different threads s thought it would be a good idea to have them all in one place. Some interesting viewpoints by some posters too.

So, let's hear your thoughts. Should they be? Should they not? Are you bothered? Is there an alternate way of resolving this or should it even be resolved at all?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a pleasant surprise they made the Newco start again in Division 3. 

They won't have the balls for this. 

f**k all will happen.

8 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Thought it would be worth having a thread about the stripping of titles issue. Been reading a number of posts on here about it but they're all over the place on different threads s thought it would be a good idea to have them all in one place. Some interesting viewpoints by some posters too.

So, let's hear your thoughts. Should they be? Should they not? Are you bothered? Is there an alternate way of resolving this or should it even be resolved at all?

All the titles won during the EBT years should be stripped but the SFA are shitebags so nothing will happen!:(

OF fans labour under the misapprehension that normal c***s have any interest in which direction the league title ends up - this kind of clamouring only reinforces this belief.

I say we let them keep them. But only bearing the indignity of an asterisk. 

The following season Rangers (IL) pipped Porto to second place in their Champions League group costing the 2004 winners over £15m in prize money.

The tax scam of the Ibrox club failed on two grounds, firstly they didn’t declare details of the payments to the football authorities and secondly the payments were directly related to employment and not discretionary loans as the Supreme Court ruled last week.

If Porto push the matter UEFA will come down in their favour which could turn the spotlight onto the SFA rather than the club that was condemned to death by Her Majesty in June 2012 when she declined a CVA.

Had the SFA informed UEFA of the issue it may have been dealt with leniently but with the evidence out in the open since 2012 every match that Rangers played from the day Ronald de Boer joined the club is open to challenge.

14 minutes ago, Estragon said:

OF fans labour under the misapprehension that normal c***s have any interest in which direction the league title ends up - this kind of clamouring only reinforces this belief.

I say we let them keep them. But only bearing the indignity of an asterisk. 

They should be declared void.

That's a far better option than just letting Rangers keep them, because any other option is too much trouble.

I agree with those saying it won't happen though.   However, it definitely, unequivocally should happen and I've yet to see one remotely convincing argument to the contrary.   

It probably should happen but I find myself caring very little either way. One thing that's for certain is that it will utterly consume a large portion of the Celtic support to the extent that seeing Rangers stripped of titles would be met with greater celebrations than their own side winning titles. 

I find it interesting that those who clamour for this the loudest are Celtic fans and not fans of teams beaten in cup finals by Rangers like Aberdeen, Falkirk, Queen of the South, Ayr United, Motherwell and St. Mirren. It's as if any such campaigns are an extension of the constant one-upmanship these people live their lives perpetuating, rather than any legitimate sense of fairness or sporting integrity.

I agree with Monkey Tennis and Estragon.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I find it interesting that those who clamour for this the loudest are Celtic fans and not fans of teams beaten in cup finals by Rangers like Aberdeen, Falkirk, Queen of the South, Ayr United, Motherwell and St. Mirren. It's as if any such campaigns are an extension of the constant one-upmanship these people live their lives perpetuating, rather than any legitimate sense of fairness or sporting integrity.

I agree with Monkey Tennis and Estragon.

I disagree with Estragon though and am a fan of a team quite like Queen of the South.  

I don't want this characterised as a Celtic thing at all, but there's an inevitability to it being just that.   Celtic would have more credibility if they dropped any implicit claim to said titles.  They should just press for them to be declared void.

From the outset, the question of title stripping has had me more animated than new club/old club debates or any of the surrounding fuss.  I'll only feel that the entire Rangers situation has been addressed adequately when titles are removed.

I don't see that happening though.

Would happily see the dead club stripped of titles but I'm also in the 'don't give a f**k' camp

Also have no desire to be part of something that will be little more than a sellick vanity project 

41 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I disagree with Estragon though and am a fan of a team quite like Queen of the South.  

I don't want this characterised as a Celtic thing at all, but there's an inevitability to it being just that.   Celtic would have more credibility if they dropped any implicit claim to said titles.  They should just press for them to be declared void.

From the outset, the question of title stripping has had me more animated than new club/old club debates or any of the surrounding fuss.  I'll only feel that the entire Rangers situation has been addressed adequately when titles are removed.

I don't see that happening though.

if you aim for the stars you mite hit the moon,the question is just not rangers it's the SFA letting it happen for over 10 years
 I agree about the titles getting void over the EBT's years but opens a can of worms about the money that clubs lost
The cheating was so vast were do you start?

Archived