The Orville

SlayerX

There's a new Sci-Fi-Comedy on the horizon, written, created and Starring Seth McFarlane.

It comes out in a couple of months (10th September) and it's been commissioned for 13 episodes. No idea when it'll hit our shores, but with the internet that isn't really an issue anymore.

It looks promising, kinda like a parody of Star Trek - trailer

Edited by SlayerX

• 4 months later...

It's really quite good, not as much of a parody as you would think, more light hearted than pisstake, I find it to be more like real people in Star Trek situations with comments like "we'll never be done for knocking off time"!!!
Anyway it starts on FOX Thursday the 14th of December!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Season 2 kicked off in US last night but we'll have to wait till 10th January when Fox UK will be showing Episode 1 at 9.00pm

Putlocker is your friend!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I really did have my doubts about it - Seth McFarlane has so much previous for having great ideas then ripping the arse out of them for a progressively less funny decade - but I was surprised to find I really liked it after finally giving in to the good lady's demands to watch it . It feels like a real throwback to before the time when TV SF became almost uniformly and self-consciously edgy, set in dystopian futures where mile-long starships are common but nobody seems to be able to pay their light bills.

The effects are consistently good - the 2D universe in season 1 and the disintegrating planet this season spring to mind - and it's also  a lot funnier than the Star Trek parody with not-very-good fart jokes I was expecting.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...