Cotter shettleston

Js1982

1 minute ago, Jason King said:

So Shettleston haven't sacked 3 management teams in the past year, including one that never even got to see their team play a competitive game?

So Shettleston haven't just lost a lot of players to Vale of Clyde?

So Shettleston aren't in financial difficulties?

How many signed players do they have at this point?

Why are pre-season games being cancelled?

Are Shettleston still trying to sell out to Clyde

4 minutes ago, Jason King said:

So Shettleston haven't sacked 3 management teams in the past year, including one that never even got to see their team play a competitive game?

So Shettleston haven't just lost a lot of players to Vale of Clyde?

So Shettleston aren't in financial difficulties?

How many signed players do they have at this point?

Why are pre-season games being cancelled?

Are Shettleston still trying to sell out to Clyde?

Shettleston have not lost any players to vale of Clyde, definitely not in financial difficulty, they will have a team capable of competing in the league, games being cancelled because too many players on holiday, and nobody's selling out to Clyde, so maybe you should speak to management at shettleston who will provide you with facts before branding the club a total shambles.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aaronmac said:

Aaron look at this thread it tells u all u need to know about why people say it's a shambles. If I didn't know better I would say your another one of mr Kelly's yes men.

47 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

Aaron look at this thread it tells u all u need to know about why people say it's a shambles. If I didn't know better I would say your another one of mr Kelly's yes men.

Never spoke to Mr Kelly at anytime, one thing I do know is I have read many things on here about many clubs, some things proven to be true some proven to be nonsense, therefore I find it a good idea to try and find out the facts before commenting on other people's teams.

56 minutes ago, aaronmac said:

Never spoke to Mr Kelly at anytime, one thing I do know is I have read many things on here about many clubs, some things proven to be true some proven to be nonsense, therefore I find it a good idea to try and find out the facts before commenting on other people's teams.

The facts are you have lost 3 management teams.

The facts are you dismissed at least 2 of them for financial reasons.

I find it a good idea to try and find out the facts before commenting on your own team.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

The facts are you have lost 3 management teams.

The facts are you dismissed at least 2 of them for financial reasons.

I find it a good idea to try and find out the facts before commenting on your own team.

I know all the facts regarding shettleston, who by the way is not my team, but I won't waste my time commenting to the nonsense your posting as it's obvious you have a dislike for shettleston

Just now, aaronmac said:

I know all the facts regarding shettleston, who by the way is not my team, but I won't waste my time commenting to the nonsense your posting as it's obvious you have a dislike for shettleston

Except you just did.

Again.

8 hours ago, aaronmac said:

Every single post you have made has been in relation to Shettleston but indeed they are not your team.

pip pip old bean.

8 hours ago, aaronmac said:

You know all the facts regarding shettleston. Do you have a mole on the committee ? Aww wait mr kelly is the committee ! But you've never spoken with him. Could u enlighten us on how you came across ALL the facts regarding the shambolic way this club has been run recently ?

11 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Think the Shettleston story is a bit back to front.

If Mr Kelly was to walk tomorrow there wouldn't be a Shettleston Juniors. Any resemblance of a committee died out years ago.

Would agree with you to an extent. However every club needs a strong committee. It's ok having  someone with money at the helm but when they no longer want to do it where does a club go from there ?

7 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

Would agree with you to an extent. However every club needs a strong committee. It's ok having  someone with money at the helm but when they no longer want to do it where does a club go from there ?

Correct.

I'd be curious to know who holds the title deeds to the ground and if the social club is completely separate.

Does Mr Kelly not actually own Shettleston ? If so, he's not just a money man, the club is his property to do as he sees fit.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Does Mr Kelly not actually own Shettleston ? If so, he's not just a money man, the club is his property to do as he sees fit.

And there lies the danger for the future of Shettleston Juniors FC.

19 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It's a perilous situation for the club right now imo. Shug has put a lot of time and effort , not to mention the large sums of money invested into shettleston. So deserves a lot of credit for that , but his heart doesn't seem to be in it anymore. Maybe that's why he wants a manager who will fund the team as well as manage it , but don't think any manager worth his salt would walk into that situation. Not heard of many people linked with the job either.

4 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

It's a perilous situation for the club right now imo. Shug has put a lot of time and effort , not to mention the large sums of money invested into shettleston. So deserves a lot of credit for that , but his heart doesn't seem to be in it anymore. Maybe that's why he wants a manager who will fund the team as well as manage it , but don't think any manager worth his salt would walk into that situation. Not heard of many people linked with the job either.

Does Shug own the ground?

Was he a shettleston supporter and or ex player i take it he must have been one or both rather than an opportunist who came along and pounced on the club when they no longer had a committee.

Kinda sad really as they used to be a big junior club, in a heavily populated area yet back whenever couldn't even find a handful of people to help run the club and keep it's assets in it's name.

Even village teams can manage that.

22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I could be wrong, but I think he owns the whole shebang.

The social club could carry on as a seperate entity along with the rest of the shebeens in Shettleston. The worry in the Junior world is an old club could go to the wall like a Baillieston or Duntocher Hibs.

4 hours ago, rednblack said:

Was he a shettleston supporter and or ex player i take it he must have been one or both rather than an opportunist who came along and pounced on the club when they no longer had a committee.

Kinda sad really as they used to be a big junior club, in a heavily populated area yet back whenever couldn't even find a handful of people to help run the club and keep it's assets in it's name.

Even village teams can manage that.

Whether or not he was a supporter or ex player, I understand that Hugh is a local businessman (Kelly's Karpets on Shettleston Road). I also understand that at some point in the past the members voted to hand control of the club over to Hugh, meaning that he now basically owns the club and the social club. As I've said, I'm not certain on that, so I am prepared to accept it if I'm told that I'm wrong.

Archived