Cotter shettleston

Js1982

5 minutes ago, rednblack said:

You do realise ants finished second bottom of the bottom league last year and a rebuilding still.

of course but Ants have been tipped to do well this season, by you have they not?

Harestanes beat St Rochs by a fairly comfy scoreline at the weekend as well. I was shocked by that actually as I actually expect St Rochs to win their league this season and get up into the Super Leagues,

A Sunday team from Drumchapel beat Ashfield 4-0 last week as well.

The gap is closing significantly especially with District Teams and decent amateur level.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
of course but Ants have been tipped to do well this season, by you have they not? Harestanes beat St Rochs by a fairly comfy scoreline at the weekend as well. I was shocked by that actually as I actually expect St Rochs to win their league this season and get up into the Super Leagues, A Sunday team from Drumchapel beat Ashfield 4-0 last week as well. The gap is closing significantly especially with District Teams and decent amateur level.

Who's tipped them to do well? It will be hard for them. It was a bit of shock hares beating St Roch but if both played each other middle of season i know who i would pick to win and it ain't the team from Kirky.  

We played hares numerous times years ago when we were in lower junior leagues and they were very good amateur side and they never beat us once. We took loads of an all conquering hares team in early to mid 2000s on at Roy and the decorated manager and it was a terrible season for us and they nearly all went back amateurs.

Point is you can pick on things to suit your argument as can i with my argument but the majority of junior teams would beat any amateur side and only a small handful as a team (not saying clubs don't have individual talents )but as teams only 4 or 5 would cope week in week out in the district leagues with maybe only colville able to give the super first a decent crack. Just as only a handful of junior clubs could handle the higher level of senior league 2 week in week out.

5 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

of course but Ants have been tipped to do well this season, by you have they not?

Harestanes beat St Rochs by a fairly comfy scoreline at the weekend as well. I was shocked by that actually as I actually expect St Rochs to win their league this season and get up into the Super Leagues,

A Sunday team from Drumchapel beat Ashfield 4-0 last week as well.

The gap is closing significantly especially with District Teams and decent amateur level.

Meh

My St Mary's team pumped a Forth Wanderers team one time...we were Saturday morning mid table at the time.

Pre season games mean nothing at all...especially this early.

You do realise I'm not saying I'd expect amateur teams to compete with the super premier division but there is definitely amateur teams who if put in the junior ranks who would compete up the divisions. Some of the signings I see junior clubs make are laughable and guys who can't even get a game with average amateur sides.

And some of the signings my mates amateur sides make are even more laughable trust me.

42 minutes ago, ScottMcCorry said:

Meh

My St Mary's team pumped a Forth Wanderers team one time...we were Saturday morning mid table at the time.

Pre season games mean nothing at all...especially this early.

It's ironic seeing you belittle the amateur game when the best manager you've had in a long time has came from amateur football and brought many amateur players up with him :D

And lets remember, Blochairn aren't even a top amateur side.

19 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

It's ironic seeing you belittle the amateur game when the best manager you've had in a long time has came from amateur football and brought many amateur players up with him :D

Who belittled the amateur game? I just disagreed with your assertions, that's all.

One of my players from that Forth game just signed for Queens Park, so i know what is contained in there.

I literally just don't put much stroke in pre season games....and to declare the gap as closing significantly is ultimately un-measurable anyway.

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

And some of the signings my mates amateur sides make are even more laughable trust me.

The most surprising bit of info in this thread is you claiming you have a real life mate. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Feet said:

Not too long ago you were having a pop at Maryhill for appointing a manager from the amateur game. A bit ironic that you are going on (and on) about somebody else belittling the amateur game's manager and players.

2 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Aye and some are only amateur in name u mean ? Cos lets not kid on here , some are paying money , an plenty at that , so there not realy amateur teams are they ?

The silence is deafening. I thought some of the ammies fans may have challenged you on this but obviously it's struck a raw nerve. 

️FACT is some top amateur clubs could easily beat lower end junior teams, another ️FACT too is that a good few top amateur teams are paying players small fortunes which is downright cheating and goes against the grade, everyone will say prove it etc but it's a well known fact that it goes on and it's very unsavoury .

1 hour ago, justagoalie said:

Not too long ago you were having a pop at Maryhill for appointing a manager from the amateur game. A bit ironic that you are going on (and on) about somebody else belittling the amateur game's manager and players.

Did I? IIRC i was surprised by the standard of some of the signings from the amateur game as some of them were nothing more than average amateur players.

Hughesy done great to keep them up though and done an excellent job in the amateurs with Postal Utd.

59 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

The silence is deafening. I thought some of the ammies fans may have challenged you on this but obviously it's struck a raw nerve. 

We all know it goes on but there's nothing you can do to prove it. It's basically impossible to trace cash payments for instance or how do you prove someone is only employing certain people etc because they have agreed to play for your team?

I have been one of the biggest critics of it over on the amateur forum and the majority of clubs in the amateur game are disgusted by it but actually doing something about it is difficult because of the way players are being incentivised and also the fact the SAFA are just turning a blind eye to it all. The Central League (where majority of the paying amateur teams play) turn a blind eye as well, they only care about the publicity that comes with teams from their league winning the majors etc.

Well If your trying to accuse Colville of being the Motherwell side then you don't know what your talking about. The reason clubs get accused of it because past and present players come out and say they get paid. Or players that club has tried to sign have been offered money.

As I said before there has never been person who has said they have been paid are getting paid or offered money to sign with Colville. The reason we get accused is because we are successful and the club is run really proffessionally, that is down to hard work and commitment no paying players.

These other clubs that get accused all have something in common, somewhere behind the scenes there are rich business men, we don't have that at Colville. The committitee are honest hard working guys with normal 9-5 jobs who have been part of the club for over 20 years way before the succes came. 

I tried to sign a couple of players this season that I really wanted, if Colville had money to pay players they would be at Colville they instead they chose to go other clubs for money. 

If Colville were in a position to pay players I would take us out the amatuer game all together I wouldn't see the joy in winning when your cheating 

Yer a bit touchy are u not ?
Did i mention colville ? No , but u felt the need to jump right on this ? U admit it yourself teams are getting paid at amateur level ? This is paramount to cheating is it not ?
Safa are quiete obviously turning a blind eye too it ? Ive never heard of the association coming out and saying to clubs this is against the rules have they ?

I'm touchy because you were referring to Colville, common mate you know you were.  The reason I'm touchy is because of the amount of hard work that goes into running the club, and the amount of commitment, dedication everyone gives to it to make the club successful.

If your asking my opinion on do I think that there are amatuer clubs paying players then the answered would be yes. I totally agree with you that it's cheating and nothing is done about. Clubs should be kicked out of the amatuer game if they are caught doing it without a doubt. 

Anyone who knows me, and I know you won't but unlike other clubs that get accused I always come out and defend our corner. 

The amount of time and work I put in with my back room team to ensure we attract the best possible players to our clubs is significant. We have achieved a lot over the 2 years and that's not been through paying players 

13 minutes ago, Michael Kennedy said:

I'm touchy because you were referring to Colville, common mate you know you were.  The reason I'm touchy is because of the amount of hard work that goes into running the club, and the amount of commitment, dedication everyone gives to it to make the club successful.

If your asking my opinion on do I think that there are amatuer clubs paying players then the answered would be yes. I totally agree with you that it's cheating and nothing is done about. Clubs should be kicked out of the amatuer game if they are caught doing it without a doubt. 

Anyone who knows me, and I know you won't but unlike other clubs that get accused I always come out and defend our corner. 

The amount of time and work I put in with my back room team to ensure we attract the best possible players to our clubs is significant. We have achieved a lot over the 2 years and that been through paying players 

I hope you have made a mistake in your last paragraph. 

Well i'll take u at face value mate , if i saying your not paying money then fair enough , and having been on the kilsyth rangers comittee before i know how hard it is to run a club at any level ! We tried to sign a guy a few years back who had decided to come down a level from the seniors , a centre half , made him a good weekly wage offer an he decided to go to an amateur team for more money and a weeks holiday abroad ( unbelievable lol ) go to kirky from kilsyth an take a right turn at mcdonalds for a clue ?

Well i'll take u at face value mate , if i saying your not paying money then fair enough , and having been on the kilsyth rangers comittee before i know how hard it is to run a club at any level ! We tried to sign a guy a few years back who had decided to come down a level from the seniors , a centre half , made him a good weekly wage offer an he decided to go to an amateur team for more money and a weeks holiday abroad ( unbelievable lol ) go to kirky from kilsyth an take a right turn at mcdonalds for a clue ?

Wonder who ha

Archived