Cotter shettleston

Js1982

1 hour ago, the town said:

The job was offered on those terms and grabbed by both parties Fallons and cotter shouldn't have taken it if they couldn't fulfil it. Simple really. 

Dont tell lies..i asked shug what we could offer players n he told me..every player that we spoke to shug had the final say on money..players will vouch for it...me n shug spoke about trying to raise money.as he was fed up putting his money in for 0 return...hence the reason why we suggested friends of shettleson.n fund nights.but as there is only 4 committee members who do there jobs well.apart from bringing money in as les would say... sat down with a budget .n it worked  out well... les didnt want to do a friends of shettleson cos he done a tote that doesnt bring cash in.but once shug n bernie took the huff cos of backroom quote.only then we were told that the budget me n shug had spoken about was no longer there...so i told players straight away.n said there might be problems with yiur contracts use have agreed on as the club is not giving me n keith anything..if ure bit happy speak to les..i dont want to go into every detail.but dont know why fans who i have never spoke to. As we trained tollcross park n went straight home.can say we agreed to fund club....only reason i am posting is i dont want my name tarred with the lies on this everyone that knows me .will know its true..cheeers cotter

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont tell lies..i asked shug what we could offer players n he told me..every player that we spoke to shug had the final say on money..players will vouch for it...me n shug spoke about trying to raise money.as he was fed up putting his money in for 0 return...hence the reason why we suggested friends of shettleson.n fund nights.but as there is only 4 committee members who do there jobs well.apart from bringing money in as les would say... sat down with a budget .n it worked  out well... les didnt want to do a friends of shettleson cos he done a tote that doesnt bring cash in.but once shug n bernie took the huff cos of backroom quote.only then we were told that the budget me n shug had spoken about was no longer there...so i told players straight away.n said there might be problems with yiur contracts use have agreed on as the club is not giving me n keith anything..if ure bit happy speak to les..i dont want to go into every detail.but dont know why fans who i have never spoke to. As we trained tollcross park n went straight home.can say we agreed to fund club....only reason i am posting is i dont want my name tarred with the lies on this everyone that knows me .will know its true..cheeers cotter

Cotter bet you wish you had just stuck to ants and no dealing with paying any money and working with family to generate any funds.

36 minutes ago, ScottMcCorry said:

If someone is brought in, under the proviso that he brings dough in, then its fair doos if he fails to do so. As much as we can all stand in shock an awe at the thought of it, a lor of managers are signed to bring in new sponsors or new players, through their contacts.

Pumped for speaking to the press before a ball is kicked seems a bit harsh.

Surely managers are brought in on their ability to manage and win things. If he has contacts in the game and gets more sponsors so be it. In my opinion managers of the juniors should manage the team not be out in the local community trying to drum up business.

Surely managers are brought in on their ability to manage and win things. If he has contacts in the game and gets more sponsors so be it. In my opinion managers of the juniors should manage the team not be out in the local community trying to drum up business.

I don't disagree with you one bit on the what it should be but looking at amateur football to lower end Juniors, it's definitely about more than your managerial attributes imo.

59 minutes ago, the town said:

Read the posts dickwit! He didn't have right to speak to papers and state he was manager of team because he clearly wasn't! 

I say old bean, no need for name calling.

Again with the "didn't have the right to speak to papers" nonsense, is the next manager of Shettleston supposed to say nothing if asked for a quote about an upcoming game by the Times or Juniors Info or anyone else? Clearly there are egos that have been put of joint at Shettleston.

I honestly havnt falling out wi shug ave known him  for long time n u need to give him credit for keeping shettlson alive..with his money ..but anyone thst knows me  will know if i could raise  20.000 i would give st anthonys it..

8 minutes ago, cotter said:

I honestly havnt falling out wi shug ave known him  for long time n u need to give him credit for keeping shettlson alive..with his money ..but anyone thst knows me  will know if i could raise  20.000 i would give st anthonys it..

Maybe u shouldn't have took job if u still had the pull from the ants,I mean saying u would give it to ants maybe shettleston was getting those vibes .....

36 minutes ago, ScottMcCorry said:

I don't disagree with you one bit on the what it should be but looking at amateur football to lower end Juniors, it's definitely about more than your managerial attributes imo.

I know mate seems to be an ongoing trend not what you know but who you know. Success on the park can lead to publicity off it and interested sponsors getting involved for publicity reasons. Maybe try and get right guy in to get town winning trophies and kick on a bit from there. Was wee cotter that guy well I guess we ll never know !!

11 minutes ago, Denniston Afc said:

Maybe u shouldn't have took job if u still had the pull from the ants,I mean saying u would give it to ants maybe shettleston was getting those vibes .....

No i was committed to do job for shetto.hence why i took  ants 2 best players

Surely the managers job is to manage the players and tactics? Course he's gonna still have a pull from the Ants on some level, it's a family club and one he's grown up his entire life with, but he did take our two best players so clearly putting the on the park stuff at shettleston ahead of the Ants.

2 hours ago, the town said:

You've heard of it now they knew what they were getting from the off and they are ones who caused this situation no one to blame but themselves so shouldn't be on here griping about it. And to be fair to Fallons who I met and liked good people they walked away with some dignity saying thanks for the opportunity. My mates on committee so I'm hearing it from right source.

I've heard of it now all right - I'm also beginning to understand why the manager's position there is a revolving door. Managers who possess both skill sets of firstly being able to take care of business on the field well and secondly having an extensive network of contacts to attract money are as rare as signed Stephen Hawking books

Those who are good at both can probably afford to pick and choose their next club - in all likelihood it's unlikely to be one where their managerial remit is to formally double up job descriptions as commercial manager as well.

3 hours ago, lang said:

What a load of tripe. A managers job is to manage, not bring in funds,its up to the club to supply the finance

Totally agree. Its not as if the Social Club is doing badly either by all accounts.

On this one, I support the former management.

1 hour ago, Nugent4nil said:

In ever thought I would say this but after reading this thread over and over the 'sacking' of Chris Strain at the end of last season not seems like pretty sane behavior! 

Robert. You are a very wise man...could fill 3 of your Thursday programmes!

Archived