Raith Rovers

Stranraer 

Admission
Adult - £15
OAP - £10
Secondary School - £5
Primary school and under - Free

Getting there

CAR: Set your satnav for DG9 8BS. We're just over 2 hours' drive from Glasgow. Parking is available free of charge at the ground.

TRAIN: Stranraer train station is approximately 20 minutes' walk away from Stair Park. Check the latest train times.

BUS: We're 15 minutes' walk away from Port Rodie bus stop, but local buses stop very close to the ground on London Road. Plan your journey.

TAXI: Local firm McLeans Taxis operate across Dumfries and Galloway - call 01776 705555 to book.

FERRY: Stena Line operate regular sailings from Northern Ireland.

AIR: Glasgow Prestwick Airport is an hour and a half's drive from Stair Park, with trains running to and from the town.

Pubs

Just about all the local pubs are within a 15 minute walk of Stair Park. 
Stranraer Fitba Bar has had a bit of a makeover and is pretty nice inside. Probably the most reasonably priced pub in the town too. 
For those who don't fancy the walk to the ground there's a taxi office next door. 
We now have a 'bar' at the ground in the back of the Cooshed. 
Nothing on draft and just council tele but very convenient. Can also get in for a refreshment at half time

£15 per game. 2 bars at Bayview, away fans welcome or Leven high st a 15 minute walk away or of course you have the Brig Tavern on Lower Methil short walk from the ground. Now that the power station is gone we actually have a bay view at Bayview ????????

Stranraer

Adult - £15
OAP - £10
Secondary School - £5

Stranraer Fitba Bar has had a bit of a makeover and is pretty nice inside. Probably the most reasonably priced pub in the town too.
For those who don't fancy the walk to the ground there's a taxi office next door.
Nothing on draft and just council tele but very convenient. Can also get in for a refreshment at half time.

11 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Stranraer

Adult - £15
OAP - £10
Secondary School - £5

Nothing on draft and just council tele but very convenient. Can also get in for a refreshment at half time.

Is this open on a Friday night?

The main pub for Rovers games tends to be the Novar Bar on Nicol Street, although there are many pubs stretching from the town centre to nearby the ground, also the majority of away supports this season are being housed in part of the Main Stand (I would imagine East Fife will be the only exception) & within there the club are opening the Raith Suite as a supporters bar instead of doing hospitality this season.

Think it's £14 into cliftonhill this season

Bar in the ground open from 1.30

St Andrews bar is good for a beer

Owens is the closest

if you are brave enough to do a barcrawl start at the st andrews and you have 8 pubs between there and the bar in the ground would make it 9

19 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Stranraer

Adult - £15
OAP - £10
Secondary School - £5

The Ayr Boys will be taking over the The Corner Pocket again.

19 hours ago, liam_barnett said:

The main pub for Rovers games tends to be the Novar Bar on Nicol Street, although there are many pubs stretching from the town centre to nearby the ground, also the majority of away supports this season are being housed in part of the Main Stand (I would imagine East Fife will be the only exception) & within there the club are opening the Raith Suite as a supporters bar instead of doing hospitality this season.

If we are going well in the league I'd imagine we'd bring a bigger crowd than East Fife.

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If we are going well in the league I'd imagine we'd bring a bigger crowd than East Fife.

You could be right, I was going on the assumption that Ayr would be in the Main Stand due to arrangements last season.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

East Fife would likely bring about 1200, I would highly doubt Ayr will bring anywhere near that.

On 10/07/2017 at 11:27, liam_barnett said:

You could be right, I was going on the assumption that Ayr would be in the Main Stand due to arrangements last season.

One was a midweek game and one was when we'd already been pumped back to League One, so I wouldn't say it's the best indication. Might help improve the atmosphere having away fans closer to the home end though, the atmosphere at Stark's would benefit from that.

On 10/07/2017 at 13:14, Grant228 said:

When you were challenging us you barely brought a couple of hundred.

I thought we were never challenging you? Dunfermline fans need to make up their mind...

Archived