Crime

My maw's wee 80 year old pal tripped and fell on a loose slab outside Tesco and some despicable sack of shite stole her bag when she was on the ground.
She now has several broken bones and lost the £50 that was in her purse.

Have you ever been a victim of crime? What was stolen?
Are you a criminal? Would you steal a 80 year old's bag without hesitation?

My bike got nicked a few years ago. The cable on the bike lock was cut through.
The bike didn't cost that much but it was the principle of the thing. I was seething. Head's gone. I was ready for quitting my job and devoting my life to finding and destroying the scoundrel to teach him.and his ilk that they can't behave like that. I was ready to go to jail over it.

Over to you.

My maw's wee 80 year old pal tripped and fell on a loose slab outside Tesco and some despicable sack of shite stole her bag when she was on the ground.
She now has several broken bones and lost the £50 that was in her purse.
Have you ever been a victim of crime? What was stolen?
Are you a criminal? Would you steal a 80 year old's bag without hesitation?
My bike got nicked a few years ago. The cable on the bike lock was cut through.
The bike didn't cost that much but it was the principle of the thing. I was seething. Head's gone. I was ready for quitting my job and devoting my life to finding and destroying the scoundrel to teach him.and his ilk that they can't behave like that. I was ready to go to jail over it.
Over to you.

I had the heads gone over a stolen bike too and lay in wait for a few nights in the bushes by the bike shed where it was nicked in the hope the thief would be back for more.

I was getting messaged on Facebook through the week from an ex boss of mine asking if I do online banking and if he could put money in my account to hold for a few days. I was aware it was likely a scam and asked a few questions to confirm it, said I would phone him to sort it out and he said his phone had water damage and to just message my details.

He contacted at least 5 people I am aware of and 2 of them happily gave over their details straight away without question, didn't get any money taken out their accounts though.

Is this sort of thing common? Is it a virus or is there actually a person at the other end? Can someone empty your bank account just using account number and sort code? So many questions here.

I had the heads gone over a stolen bike too and lay in wait for a few nights in the bushes by the bike shed where it was nicked in the hope the thief would be back for more.

30 years ago someone tried unsuccessful picking the lock of my dad's Sierra at the train station. He got a sheet of wood and hammered a wad of 6 inch nails through it and covered it with a towel and left it on the driver's seat for a week in the hope he'd come back for more and succeed....

30 years ago someone tried unsuccessful picking the lock of my dad's Sierra at the train station. He got a sheet of wood and hammered a wad of 6 inch nails through it and covered it with a towel and left it on the driver's seat for a week in the hope he'd come back for more and succeed....

That must've been a few days of uncomfortable driving for your dad.

My first car got broken into in Kilmarnock in the early 2000s and my CD player (back in the days when CD players were worth a lot) got stolen. Luckily I know all the bams so, whilst I didn't get my own one back, I was able to phone someone to immediately "obtain" me a cheap CD player which I had in my car by the end of the day.

Crime doesn't pay, apart from when it does.

1 hour ago, Stinky Bone said:

Most likely a scam, but common. 

If you were to give me your sort code and account number, I would need additional Identification at the bank to withdraw money.  

Which is why important documents should be shredded/burned and not put into wheelie bins, where the criminal can get access to your info and steal your id. 

Usually photo id is required to withdraw monies from an account if you did not have the bank card with you, plus there are other security measures such as passwords etc. 

This information only applies to going into your local branch.  I do not do mobile or internet banking therefore I cannot comment on that, although I guess they have strict security measures too.  

Would be able to set up all sorts of direct debits though. All you need is the sort code and account number.

Not sure what the deal is with buying TVs etc on monthly payment plans when it comes to ID but if it was your ex boss I'm sure they would have easy access to your address if they needed to fill out any info.

Piss easy to get the money back if they do set up Direct Debits on your account.

After I got my bike stolen all I could think of was revenge. I was going to modify a bike so if you jumped on it and done a few pedals the seat would drop and fish hooks would burst through into their bum cheeks and when they tried to run they would be dragging the bike along with them hanging out their arse.

MY bike got nicked from the sheds at my old work. It was behind a locked fence in a shed monitored by CCTV but the uselessmsecurity guards just watched as three guys with an electric saw walked in, jumped the fence, butchered our locks and walked off with the bikes. These guards would make you sit about for fifteen minutes if you forgot your work pass but when it came to actually securing the building literally did nothing.

I had my car broken into once. The guys stole 3 cassettes.
The same week I walked in some dog shite that someone thought it was OK to leave in the streets.
I was shat on by a seagull which was attracted by a pizza someone had dumped on the street.
Finally I was punched in the face by a retarded f**k who was drunk and didnt like my laugh.
Funnily enough ever since I stopped living in cooncil estates 30 years ago, these sorts of things never happen anymore.
Its as though some of the people who live in these estates are just animals. More than happy to leave them to stew in their own filth.

I have no idea why someone would skelp you in the puss...

I had a Walkman stolen by a 'friend' as a kid (well, the brother of a friend). Soon worked out who nicked it and caught him in the street after a chase about with him on foot and me on my bike. It was a weird feeling as we both knew what had to be done and I took no pleasure from punching him in the face. I'm a hippy pacifist at heart and although it wasn't pleasant there was no grassing or need for him getting in trouble etc.

2 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

I have no idea why someone would skelp you in the puss...

I see oaksoft deleted that post. Maybe he has got some human decency after all, but it wouldn't surprise if he got a wee semi when Grenfell Tower lit up.

Finally I was punched in the face by a retarded f**k who was drunk and didnt like my laugh.
Funnily enough ever since I stopped living in cooncil estates 30 years ago, these sorts of things never happen anymore. Its as though some of the people who live in these estates are just animals. More than happy to leave them to stew in their own filth.

7 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Seems legit.

Archived