Best Boozer

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Trades is over rated imo. Has a good selection of beers but there are better boozers in Dundee. It's also shite for watching live sports as their tv's aren't greatest and on a sunny day can see f**k all with the sun beaming in the windows anyway.

There are at least three bars I'd rather go to within walking distance of Trades. Mainly because it is overcrowded and overpriced. One of them is even Davie Dodds' ex-knocking shop which would appear to have been tarted up recently. The much maligned Club Bar is also better for a swift one to or from the train station...   

6 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I'm sure The_Kincardine will be along tonight to claim this title.

6 hours ago, sjc said:

I'm sure he'd claim to be more of a (piss) "artist" rather than a mere "boozer" tbh....

5 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Kincardine's boozer is his local park. Getting hammered to blot out the failure of Glasgow Rangers.

Thanks, chaps.  I welcome your continued interest in me.  I was 'up London' this afternoon to cheer the the lads and lassies taking part in Pride.  The Soho pubs were absolutely rammed (as you'd expect) so I left my older daughter and her pal queuing at The French House for a half and went back to Marylebone and had a pint here: http://www.thornburycastle.uk.com/

Really nice boozer.  Run by a London Wasps-obsessed couple who are always delighted to discuss egg-chasing.and a bit of a hidden gem in central London.

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

There are at least three bars I'd rather go to within walking distance of Trades. Mainly because it is overcrowded and overpriced. One of them is even Davie Dodds' ex-knocking shop which would appear to have been tarted up recently. The much maligned Club Bar is also better for a swift one to or from the train station...   

I worked in the club for 5 years. It was a brilliant combo of auld boys half and half's and the horses through the day and decent bar for a night out in evening.

Shite since it got sold on a few years back though. Still prob decent through day but a gang hut at night.

In town  centre trades is decent but Pillars better and star and garter really good now its been done up but kept all the wee snugs.

Christies has a good selection of beer and a decent pub in Perth nowadays.....even if it did used to be a Rangers pub many years ago.
Always thought Trades was decent in Dundee too.
Trying to remember the pub opposite Fountain Park in Edinburgh.....painted blue, nice food and a great pint of St Mungos ..

Christies was completely dead at weekends until about 2 years ago then it took off again, great wee place.

Also very fond of the Auld Hoose in Perth.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

Edinburgh - Golden Rule

Glasgow - Laurieston

The Golden Rule is my local. Cracking wee boozer. Nice enough with that element of Jakeyness to keep away the hipster c***s. 

Bennetts (not the P&B roaster) Bar next to the Kings Theatre at Tollcross in Edinburgh is nice.

Huge selection of malt whiskies and alcohol as well as a beautiful old pub.

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Edinburgh - what's the one behind the apple store? I tend to visit different pubs every time I'm in Edinburgh so f**k knows.

Is it the one ICT Johnboy has posted above?

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I would have thought it was the Guildford Arms, which is a better one imho.

I've never been in either of them. I really need to start drinking more. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I've always thought you were teetotal.

I have cut it out through the week and even on Fridays. Will have a few today though, might go out for lunch around Broughton Street which has lots of good boozers to choose from. 

Archived