Best Boozer

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Suits you down to the ground then.

Absolutely. How many times have you typed up The Foot of the Walk and then deleted it through fear of repercussion?

1 minute ago, sjc said:

Yeh it's a wee bit hipster but the food is nice.

Used to head there for a bar lunch before a couple of pints at Diggers en route to Tynecastle on a matchday....a very enjoyable matchday routine I think you'd agree, Bobby? 

Their Beef shin pie is lovely tbf.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Absolutely. How many times have you typed up The Foot of the Walk and then deleted it through fear of repercussion?

Their Beef shin pie is lovely tbf.

The salt & pepper calamari is not bad either! 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I flirted with the idea a couple of times but didn't follow through, its not even in my top 5 pubs in Leith, its just sometimes convenient. I had food today in Teuchters landing in Leith which is a favourite of mine.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

I flirted with the idea a couple of times but didn't follow through, its not even in my top 5 pubs in Leith, its just sometimes convenient. I had food today in Teuchters landing in Leith which is a favourite of mine.

What's the pub on the corner just off the shore? Do a nice pint of staroprammen and decent food I seem to remember.

Compass?

What's the pub on the corner just off the shore? Do a nice pint of staroprammen and decent food I seem to remember.
Compass?

Yeah it's opposite the Cameo down a wee courtyard, a bit of a hidden gem but a lovely pub. Particularly good during extremes of weather as it has a beer garden and an open fire place! I like the Cameo down there for watching football in and also like Malt & Hops which is Grimbos favourite pub.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah it's opposite the Cameo down a wee courtyard, a bit of a hidden gem but a lovely pub. Particularly good during extremes of weather as it has a beer garden and an open fire place! I like the Cameo down there for watching football in and also like Malt & Hops which is Grimbos favourite pub.

Was years since I was last there when my sister lived opposite the links. Many a Sunday afternoon spent in there!

42 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I'm sure The_Kincardine will be along tonight to claim this title.

Kincardine's boozer is his local park. Getting hammered to blot out the failure of Glasgow Rangers.

Dundee - Phoenix for me although slightly over priced. Possibly Mennies (speedies FFS)

Glasgow - Pot Still or Lismore

Edinburgh - what's the one behind the apple store? I tend to visit different pubs every time I'm in Edinburgh so f**k knows.

Elsewhere - Fiddlers in Drumnadrochit is outstanding for whisky. Old Inn Carbost Skye amazing views and seafood at normal prices and good mix of locals/tourists. Clachaig in Glencoe is a fantastic walkers bar. Altandhu west of Achiltibuie has amazing views of summer isles and again lots of locals drink there.

Just about every bar I visited on west coast of Ireland shits all over the Jake huts in similar sized towns in Scotland.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

The Phoenix is the best pub in Inverness imo

I like it on Saturday afternoons and the beer's much better than it was. Wish they hadn't tarted it up quite so much though. Tbf it had turned into a shithole before the Castle Tavern guy bought it.

Have to say in general England do the Country pub for food and drink far better than Scotland. 

Our pubs tend to be more about drink.....who'd have thought it eh?!

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I like it on Saturday afternoons and the beer's much better than it was. Wish they hadn't tarted it up quite so much though. Tbf it had turned into a shithole before the Castle Tavern guy bought it.

That's fair. Was he not trying to sell it again recently? I just like the fact it is kind of out of the way so you generally don't get a load of wee dicks in. Plus it is one of the few places in town you can have a conversation without shouting on a Saturday night

41 minutes ago, sjc said:

Have to say in general England do the Country pub for food and drink far better than Scotland. 

Our pubs tend to be more about drink.....who'd have thought it eh?!

Have to agree.

Local boozer by my Bro's in Bristol give a Scotch egg and Pork Pie with a round.

2 hours ago, sjc said:

Trying to remember the pub opposite Fountain Park in Edinburgh.....painted blue, nice food and a great pint of St Mungos ..

It has came a long way since it was known to all and sundry as Vietnam when the brewery was over the road.

Dundee-Mennies/Trades
Glasgow-Lismore/Three Judges

Trades is over rated imo. Has a good selection of beers but there are better boozers in Dundee. It's also shite for watching live sports as their tv's aren't greatest and on a sunny day can see f**k all with the sun beaming in the windows anyway.

Archived