Best Boozer

Not been in it since it was taken over but Elders was a decent enough shop too.

Was in Elders once in all my time living here, after football maybe seven years ago, and was just full of neds. Regularly go past it on my way home, but just tucked out of the way really! Did you ever make it to the pub that's shut down near Causewayside Street? That always looks terrible when I pass it, but I don't ever remember it being open...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Was in Elders once in all my time living here, after football maybe seven years ago, and was just full of neds. Regularly go past it on my way home, but just tucked out of the way really! Did you ever make it to the pub that's shut down near Causewayside Street? That always looks terrible when I pass it, but I don't ever remember it being open...

The Bush Bar?  Nah was never in it.  I was a care assistant for a guy in the Fullerton Park estate for 9 years and never once did I see it open.  Apparently the guy who owned it wasn't particularly interested in the place and it wasn't unknown for him to open the pub for a few days then leave it closed for a few weeks.  From the exterior of the place, it looks a midden.

The Bush Bar?  Nah was never in it.  I was a care assistant for a guy in the Fullerton Park estate for 9 years and never once did I see it open.  Apparently the guy who owned it wasn't particularly interested in the place and it wasn't unknown for him to open the pub for a few days then leave it closed for a few weeks.  From the exterior of the place, it looks a midden.

That's the one, couldn't imagine it would do that much trade even when open, but suppose the same could be said about Elders.

The east end is quality for proper pubs!

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

That's the one, couldn't imagine it would do that much trade even when open, but suppose the same could be said about Elders.

The east end is quality for proper pubs!

Aye there's some great, and very underrated, pubs in the east end.

The quality of pubs in Killie isn't exactly brilliant. I used to love Paris Match but I'm rarely in these days. The owner's made some changes making it less dark and gallic (more TVs with shite programmes on for one) and now it attracts a lot more spice boys. Fanny By Gaslight and the Brass & Granite are still decent enough though, I find myself in them more often than not if I'm out in the town.

Was in Aviemore last week and stumbled upon the Doo Below - good choice of lagers and ales, decent decor and good barstaff who enjoyed a chat about beer and tunes. Will definitely be back when I'm there next.

Aye, The Ship's not really my cup of tea.

I've only been in a few times but every time it's been full of people that, for some reason or another, are not quite right.

I quite like the Dean Tavern in Nitten but most of my mates can't stand it. It's murder for watching football though, there's hardly any seats in there that has a good view of a tv.

2 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I've only been in a few times but every time it's been full of people that, for some reason or another, are not quite right.

I quite like the Dean Tavern in Nitten but most of my mates can't stand it. It's murder for watching football though, there's hardly any seats in there that has a good view of a tv.

I think I've only ever been in The Dean 2 or 3 times I'm my life.

Justinlees is ok.

8 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

The Abbotsford is alright...

It's not a pub I really frequent unless collecting gear. Only downside is it's frequented by the very loud, look at me, Batchan. Twat of a human. 

8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I quite like the Old Ship

A bit smelly. My ex missus also frequents there. The two may or may not be connected.

10 hours ago, tree house tam said:

The bars mentioned for Perth are all shiteholes. Christies is full of polis so thats a no no. Auld Hoose is indeed full of minks. The Bee Bar is like a small Tam O Shanter without the decent wallhangings but just as much travellers. The Kirky? You're having a fucking laugh. Greyfriars is a smelly cupboard of a place frequented by Pete fucking Wishart, say no more. In fact I cannot think of a decent bar in Perth. Green room at a push maybe. DO NOT GO DRINKING IN PERTH FOLKS, IT'S A SHITEHOLE.

^^^used to drink in the Mallard in North Muirton til it shut.....

Living just off Great Western Road means I have Inn Deep, The Doublet and The Belle all within short walking distance. Variety Bar on Sauchihall St is my personal favourite in all of Glasgow but maybe seen as too "hipster" by some on here, although I'd argue all the annoying hipster types congregate in Sleazies or the Art School bar.

2 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Living just off Great Western Road means I have Inn Deep, The Doublet and The Belle all within short walking distance. Variety Bar on Sauchihall St is my personal favourite in all of Glasgow but maybe seen as too "hipster" by some on here, although I'd argue all the annoying hipster types congregate in Sleazies or the Art School bar.

I've always hated Inn Deep, even in it's previous guises (Deep Blue?), I enjoy a beer in the Doublet if i'm ever down that way.  The Belle has always seemed like it was missing something.  I enjoy The Variety Bar, but I absolutely hate that bit of Sauchiehall St now.  I spent far too much time there as a youngster, but the place just depresses me now.

Archived