Best Boozer

Been in the Islay a couple of times. I don't get it seemed to be pretty standard drinks and bar. Prefer the Park if I'm up that end.

I love the park bar and the Snaffle.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any recommendations for a pub lunch in Edinburgh?

It's the other half's birthday tomorrow and she loves pub lunches (recent immigrant). Ideally looking for somewhere on the cheap side, unpretentious and with a fairly traditional menu (streak and ale pie, scampi, etc.). For reference she's been to Barony Bar on Broughton St. and loved it.

Guest bernardblack

Dundee - Dukes Corner or Mennies

Edinburgh - Teuchtars is lovely. Their food menu at the urinal is genius....gets me every time!

Stirling - molly malones always has a good atmosphere or kilted kangaroo is nice when it's sunny. Nicky tams is a decent wee pub as well. Mcques in Bannockburn is where I would go though if not in town.

Trades when I'm in Dundee.

Three judges in Glasgow, although and I don't drink real ale, and it has no sports but Mrs works there and it's always a good friendly atmosphere.

Stirling - molly malones always has a good atmosphere or kilted kangaroo is nice when it's sunny. Nicky tams is a decent wee pub as well. Mcques in Bannockburn is where I would go though if not in town.
Trades when I'm in Dundee.
Three judges in Glasgow, although and I don't drink real ale, and it has no sports but Mrs works there and it's always a good friendly atmosphere.

Aye I like Nicky Tams. Birds and The Bees over at Bridge of Alan was always nice. Is the Kilted Kangaroo the same as Outback?

Any recommendations for a pub lunch in Edinburgh?

It's the other half's birthday tomorrow and she loves pub lunches (recent immigrant). Ideally looking for somewhere on the cheap side, unpretentious and with a fairly traditional menu (streak and ale pie, scampi, etc.). For reference she's been to Barony Bar on Broughton St. and loved it.

The food at Jeremiah's Tap Room is great, beer selection decent, place itself is alrifht, the problem is the other patrons. It's full of people trying to be ironically cool with scooters and woollen hats on in the summer etc. Like Nathan Barley style.

Aye hard to beat molly malones,always seems to be a good atmosphere although the mens toilets seem to flood often and then stink the pub out.
Went for a pint in the settle inn for the first time in ages yesterday,a good boozer also. Im not a cider drinker but first time I went there I managed to get shitfaced off 5 pints of their cloudy cider and then shat my pants whilst walking home.Good times.

10 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Where's the best boozer near Shandwick place in Edinburgh?

The Western Bar. 

Or the bar in the Caley Hotel is pretty cool. Indigo Yard is a classic visitor to Edinburgh bar though. 

The Western Bar. 
Or the bar in the Caley Hotel is pretty cool. Indigo Yard is a classic visitor to Edinburgh bar though. 

I'll ask another question; best place for cocktails? [emoji23]

19 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

The Oystercatcher at Otter Ferry on shores of Loch Fyne.

Food local beer and great food, and sitting outside of an evening the views are amazing.

20170617_183039.jpg

20170617_183044.jpg

20170617_195954.jpg

Looks good. Love sitting outside by the water boozing. 

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

I'll ask another question; best place for cocktails? emoji23.png

The latter two in that case. There's a new Wetherspoons nearby too  - one of the first buildings on the left as you head up Lothian Road. You can spot it from 200 yard by the clientele hanging about outside. 

The latter two in that case. There's a new Wetherspoons nearby too  - one of the first buildings on the left as you head up Lothian Road. You can spot it from 200 yard by the clientele hanging about outside. 

Cheers Shandy.

Archived