Aspirations

2 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I'm in my 20's and bought my flat after the financial crisis.

I didn't buy a property for some sort of prestige, I did it because it's far, far cheaper than renting and will save me tens of thousands over my lifetime. That's not trying to keep up with the Jones', it's a simple financial decision.

You missed the point I was making, which was that the banks were literally throwing money at people to buy properties prior to the crash and that it's a lot harder to save for a deposit if you've just graduated with £20-30k work of debt.

You won't hear me disputing that buying your own property beats paying off someone elses. It's just not always that simple for some younger folks these days.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never understood the renters of this world

Folk who rent do so because they struggle to save up the hefty sums required to put a deposit down on a home these days. I know a few folk who rent and I feel for them as their monthly dues basically stop them being able to save up a deposit to get on the property ladder.

2 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Ideally get promoted in the next few years and go part time when we eventually have kids. Longer term hopefully one further promotion and that would allow me to retire at 55 instead of 60. Would love to one day own a holiday home in Florida and a mustang.

What rank are you just now

I'm happy to wake up every morning. I guess that will eventually come to an end (probably sooner rather than later) but, as long as I feel I've done some good in my life, I'll die happy.
My aspiration was to keep an account active on P&B for longer than 6 months.
Thank you D I Robertson, you've made my dreams come true.

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Folk who rent do so because they struggle to save up the hefty sums required to put a deposit down on a home these days. I know a few folk who rent and I feel for them as their monthly dues basically stop them being able to save up a deposit to get on the property ladder.

Of course there are genuine reasons to hold people back in buying, and they have my sympathies, i was referring more to the  Ones that seem to have no interest, regardless to their finances. I was lucky enough to be able to help my youngest son out. Gave him 20% for deposit, which was £20,000, got £23,000 back after 3 years, I made a few quid and he's on his own now. Oldest son was given the same offer, but didn't need it. I know a couple who sold their house, only to rent a big f**k off house, I can't get my heed roond that type of shit

Archived