Aspirations

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit to throbber for being first in and just smashing it with essentially "f**k all". And Bobby, every c**t is just winging it.

I'm keen for a pay rise and to buy a place (renting is pish). The rest of it, who gives a shit? To stay a good mate to my mates and keep enjoying weekends will be fine.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye we can get a bevvy. 12 hour shifts tho starting at 6 so its very rare for me to partake

Dunno if we can be pals now with that revelation. 

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Look at Kincardine for example. In the past few days he has well and truly lost his shit, yet he still uses words like 'chagrin'. I dont even know what a chagrin is.

Now now, it's perfectly apposite for me to express views that maybe not all agree with.  No shit has been lost and nothing has been melted down.

Wrt the thread...my bright future is behind me, my finances are in balance and my mortgage is paid off - as are my exes - and I'm content working part time until my wee yin finishes Uni which will likely coincide with me being 65.  The only possible change is moving to The Weege as the thought of seeing out my days in Wycombe is depressing as f**k.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I have a drink every Saturday or Sunday morning if on nightshift. Im there to make money not spend it though. Plus I can face an 0520 rise after a skinful. And also theres ramdom testing.

Ok, we're friends again x

1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Every c**t is just winging it.

Your main aspiration should be just "not to f**k up regularly"

This applies to a very large element of life tbh.

5 years : Continue living in Japan with the main focus being my daughters medical treatment and she's hopefully given the all clear at this point. 

10 years : Fingers crossed for continued all clear for my daughter obviously and either moving back to Scotland or perhaps Malta where my wife has options to work. Mortgages in Scotland will be fully paid off by this point. 

20 years : A lot will depend upon what my daughter wants to do with her life i.e University or some form of apprenticeship and how much, if any support she'll need but hopefully I'll be enjoying retirement or perhaps semi retirement.....maybe even a catermeran in the Mediterranean.....although doubtful!

Credit to throbber for being first in and just smashing it with essentially "f**k all". And Bobby, every c**t is just winging it.

I'm keen for a pay rise and to buy a place (renting is pish). The rest of it, who gives a shit? To stay a good mate to my mates and keep enjoying weekends will be fine.

Renting isn't pish at all. Absolutely no idea where the obsession with owning a house comes from in this country. I'm generally happy enough with just having a place to go back to, providing it's clean and isn't a total dump.

I refuse to get dragged into this "keeping up the jones'" mentality, which I think if people were being honest with themselves they're caught in. I do believe that a lot of people buy houses and have kids because they think that's what they're supposed to do, rather than what they want to do. Why the f**k are people buying houses when their 24 ffs? Why are people having kids even younger? I think it's absolutely mental.

As for my ambitions, a job that I actually care about and that is actually worthwhile would be great. Struggling to find that though.

Archived