The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

Dunlop is a great signing for you. Davidson I'm not so sure; hasn't progressed as anticipated, imho.

I always thought he did well against us, I assume he was one of Young's signings when he was with you???
Don't know why the Dunlop tweet was there, sorted now!!

16 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I always thought he did well against us, I assume he was one of Young's signings when he was with you???
Don't know why the Dunlop tweet was there, sorted now!!

James Ward signed Ross Dunlop for the Rovers.

But he played under Young???

Think that must be part of the reason he signed, there must be something they like about each other, it can't be the money!!![emoji23]

27 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Didn't see that coming. An excellent rovers player decades ago. Did he manage Stirling Albion in the 90s? Haven't heard of him since.

I think he managed Arbroath at one point. Would be interested to see who he brings in as an Assistant. At Stirling he had Tom O'Neill an excellent coach (was briefly coaching at Rovers under Vinnie Moore before taking up a post at Celtic).

He worked with John McAulay (ex Clyde and Arbroath) at Yoker. His boy Stephen was assistant under him at Lanark thereafter. Colin Mitchell (ex Stirling & Rovers) replaced him in 2017. Some names to pull from a hat.

For all the talk of who he worked with in the 1990s, the guy has barely stopped working since, being at Blantyre and EK Thistle before Yoker.

Is Gary Fisher in or out of contract with you guys or has he been released???
Trying to find out if our manager has signed the wrong guy, is making Freudian slips or is letting the cat out of the bag!!!

59 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Is Gary Fisher in or out of contract with you guys or has he been released???
Trying to find out if our manager has signed the wrong guy, is making Freudian slips or is letting the cat out of the bag!!!

Will be out of contract I would imagine. We have a grand total of zero signed players at the moment. I didn't think Darren was a Gary Fisher fan TBH

Will be out of contract I would imagine. We have a grand total of zero signed players at the moment. I didn't think Darren was a Gary Fisher fan TBH

Just wondering what was going on or if Darren had slipped up on a secret signing!!!
In todays Courier , there was mention of the 3 signings - only the 3 signings were Agnew, Dunlop , and former player Gary Fisher. No mention of Ross Davidson.
Darren Young also mentiones Gary Fisher in his quote to the press . Strange?

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

He worked with John McAulay (ex Clyde and Arbroath) at Yoker. His boy Stephen was assistant under him at Lanark thereafter. Colin Mitchell (ex Stirling & Rovers) replaced him in 2017. Some names to pull from a hat.

For all the talk of who he worked with in the 1990s, the guy has barely stopped working since, being at Blantyre and EK Thistle before Yoker.

Didn't he not also have a short spell at BSC Glasgow in their 1st season?