Should we get rid of diddy teams like St Johnstone and Hamilton to improve the Scottish game?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, theGOAT said:

Serious question, we don't need teams filled with hammer throwers who are managed by members of the jobs for the boys scheme.

Martin Canning and Tommy Wright are the 2  most technically and tactically limited managers in the league, they only want to send players out to hoof the ball up to the strikers, or foul players to stop the opposition from playing any form of football.

The players in each team are just journeyman grafters with 0 footballing ability. Liam Craig, David Wetherspoon, Darian McKinnon and Dougie Imrie sum this category up perfectly.

Falkirk and St Mirren are genuine better fits for the top division rather than these 2 ancient diddy teams.

Thoughts?

I don't really have any thoughts on this. so I'll just compile a table from when Cathro became Hearts manager to the end of season just to pass away the close season.

Celtic 69pts

Aberdeen 52

Rangers 38

ST JOHNSTONE 36

Ross Co 30

Thistle 28

Killie24

Well 23

Dundee 22

HAMILTON 20

Inverness 20

HEARTS 19

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

11th place in the top league is something a whole generation of soapdodgers  can only dream of. No Mor*on fan under 30 years of age has seen their team play in the top flight.

Apparently, from what you've said before on here, you are old enough to have seen Mor*on play in the top flight of Scottish football.

Well Done.

That must make you feel so superior.

:eek:

10 hours ago, Swello said:

So - every Hearts team ever then?

Did  you see the bunch of lightweight powderpuffs that we fielded for the second half of last season? We could really have  used a hammer thrower/midfield enforcer or two. Even our bookings seemed to be for stupid petulant nonsense rather than "overcommiting"

If there is a point behind the original post, aside from trolling fans of Saint Johnstone and Hamilton then instead of the players we should be looking at the game. If thuggish football can prosper in this league then it's hardly surprising that our teams play thuggish football. 

We may collectively be happy with a situation where even out runaway undefeated league champions felt the need to employ the services of Scott Brown but recent events in Luxembourg, Lithuania, Malta and Gibraltar suggest that we're losing touch with the modern game and slowly but steadily becoming the Jurassic Park of European football.

In Summary instead of blaming the managers of St Johnstone and Hamilton lets blame the referees and the SFA

Football is about winning a game of football, not how it's actually played.  The problem is, Scottish club teams and the national team fail no matter what style they try and play.

10 hours ago, sjc said:

Is it really 29/30 years since Morton were in the top flight? Was vT even a twinkle in his Dad's eye back then?

Hid dad was probably just learning the round back then.

I like the OP's proposal, and would take it even further. Every week someone from the SPFL should draw a Premiership club's name randomly out of a hat, and swap that club with someone in the Championship. And we should train manatees to be referees.

4 minutes ago, nsr said:

I like the OP's proposal, and would take it even further. Every week someone from the SPFL should draw a Premiership club's name randomly out of a hat, and swap that club with someone in the Championship. And we should train manatees to be referees.

Image result for man with hand down trousers

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Did  you see the bunch of lightweight powderpuffs that we fielded for the second half of last season? We could really have  used a hammer thrower/midfield enforcer or two. Even our bookings seemed to be for stupid petulant nonsense rather than "overcommiting"

Problem is, my image of Hearts will always be stuck in the 80's - so I don't think of the current nonentities :)

14 hours ago, theGOAT said:

Serious question, we don't need teams filled with hammer throwers who are managed by members of the jobs for the boys scheme.

Martin Canning and Tommy Wright are the 2  most technically and tactically limited managers in the league, they only want to send players out to hoof the ball up to the strikers, or foul players to stop the opposition from playing any form of football.

The players in each team are just journeyman grafters with 0 footballing ability. Liam Craig, David Wetherspoon, Darian McKinnon and Dougie Imrie sum this category up perfectly.

Falkirk and St Mirren are genuine better fits for the top division rather than these 2 ancient diddy teams.

Thoughts?

My thoughts?

You're a fucking knob !

Elixir, who spent six months of last season making the exact same joke about Ann Budge over and over again, calling something else boring, has to be one of the greatest ironies going, just beaten by this post.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Elixir, who spent six months of last season making the exact same joke about Ann Budge over and over again, calling something else boring, has to be one of the greatest ironies going, just beaten by this post.

yXAbrOQ.png yXAbrOQ.png yXAbrOQ.png

I actually have nothing against either team, I just wanted the inevitable rise out of you.

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

yXAbrOQ.png yXAbrOQ.png yXAbrOQ.png

I actually have nothing against either team, I just wanted the inevitable rise out of you.

Sexual Frustration Thread for that sort of pish

Archived