Greenday cancel Scottish gig

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Hopefully it results in Geoff Ellis getting a public stoning.

Seeing as he had nothing to do with it, it doesn't seem likely.

Especially as his own outdoor shows this weekend already have a big main stage built days before the event is due to take place.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing as he had nothing to do with it, it doesn't seem likely.
Especially as his own outdoor shows this weekend already have a big main stage built days before the event is due to take place.

There wasn't much that was ready for TITP 2015 though which was one massive cost cutting exercise.

Hopefully it results in Geoff Ellis getting a public stoning.

Giving what has happened in Manchester recently could it be that they have some credible information that this gig could be targeted and the weather is being used as the excuse.

Giving what has happened in Manchester recently could it be that they have some credible information that this gig could be targeted and the weather is being used as the excuse.

No, it couldn't really be that.

1 minute ago, dundeefc1783 said:

I'd say it was short notice stage building, equipment not being there and just really shite planning. You're right about one thing. The weather is being used as an excuse.

15 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

What an absolutely absurd conclusion to come to. 

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

I just don't understand how for an event of this size with so much money involved how they simply can't have the stage ready in time.

PCL aren't exactly experienced on the big time gigs, and inexperience can breed incompetence. Wouldn't be surprised if that played a big role in all of this.

9 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'd say it was short notice stage building, equipment not being there and just really shite planning. You're right about one thing. The weather is being used as an excuse.

Find it difficult to believe a production this size would fail to send staff ahead to check the stage build and so on.

I know a few guys who'll be working local crew, it'll be interesting to find out the real reason they pulled it...given the locals were getting the blame on Twitter earlier, I doubt they'll be in the mood to pull any punches.

The promoters couldn't handle a gig that size. That's the real reason. Absolute charlatans. The band are raging about it aswell. They are staying in Glasgow for the night regardless so a show would probably have been better than kicking about the cathouse for them...

I had a ticket so disappointed at the cancellation myself however being from Glasgow means I haven't had to travel any great distance or pay for accommodation etc. It's those people who have been really let down by those responsible.

Hopefully the band announce a Glasgow show again soon

From one of the local crew bosses - appears the half built stage being shown in reports was one actually in the process of being dismantled. The plot thickens!

"I have seen some stuff on social media from steve lagudi rancids sound engineer lets just say his photo was taken at 2 30 pm he stated the gig was cancelled due to staging issuses and local crew being slow so here are the facts mr lagudi the crew were that slow they loaded greendays production in and out before you got your fat ass out of bed then had most of the local production loaded out before the picture you posted i hope your only blind and not deaf as well as id hate to think rancid who i think are a great band would suffer from your ineptitude there were some issuses staging wise wich had nothing what so ever to do with the local crew so please stop being an ass and get your facts right next time as unlike you most local crews have to work hard gor their money unlike you who sits and plays with their knobs all day"

As mentioned earlier the rain has apparently been used to get out of it by the promoters. The organisation of the gig is supposed to have been a mess. 

This would never have happened in Edinburgh.

21 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Idiot!

Archived