Killiesquirrel

Hurlford United 17/18

Disappointing result yesterday. Super strike for the only goal. Beith probably just shaded it but a draw would have been a fair result too. We didn't cause Beith enough problems and big Sheridan and McLaughlin must have been giggling like teenagers all the way home at the number of long balls we pumped down their throats. On the plus side our defence held solid against a very good Beith offence.

Looked ok mate and is obviously an improvement. Apparently it was a wee bit soft in front of the clubhouse, but it didn't seem to cut up. There was a lot of rain last week but we'll really only know once the winter kicks in how much better it is.

Thought the teams basically cancelled each other and was a bit of a midfield battle between the two 18 yard boxes, there was not many clear cut chances in the game, the one piece of real quality was the goal which was a super hit from 25 yards into the top corner worthy of winning any game.  Was always going to be a tight game and I thought the pitch held up well considering the conditions.  

b712bb5839abbb8029d97657ef0df4f8.jpg
Parks looking good for tomorrow's game against birth well done ground staff

Thanks from me,Billy, and Willie.

It's been a while since we've been able to say that Hurlford are only 1 place above Darvel in the league.
Great start for us and I'm sure Hurlford will start climbing the table very soon

9 hours ago, Darvel Pie said:

It's been a while since we've been able to say that Hurlford are only 1 place above Darvel in the league.
Great start for us and I'm sure Hurlford will start climbing the table very soon

Very good dp 

Darren Henderson & John Garroch both banned for 6 games .

Surely big John has already served a half match suspension as he can clearly be seen in the 2nd half of last weeks game in the stand. Much to the annoyance of the Talbot support although not to his being there but for not donating an extra £1.

What's the point in any sort of dug out ban at this level in any case as those banned only stand a couple of feet from where they are banned from anyway. Whereas fans can be right behind the assistant referee and shout all sorts of obscenities with no repercussions
Apart from today as I understand we have a female assistant referee so everyone will be on their best behaviour 🤥

Congratulations to Ritchie McKillen on his call up to the Scotland Junior squad for the Quadrangle Tournament in October.

18 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Anthony Marenghi has completely his transfer to Maryhill.

Is that not a dance?