Croatia

headthebaw

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:56, Mallo_Madrid said:

How was your holiday?

Giving serious consideration into booking this hotel for our honeymoon next year?

We really enjoyed our holiday. Cavtat was a beautiful town not far from Dubrovnik and had a village feel to it.  In some ways underdeveloped but in a nice way. Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.

Dubrovnik was quite different in that it was a very busy but well worth a day or two. 

Not a cheap holiday but prices probably the same as at home.

I'd go back to Croatia but try another area.

On 05/11/2017 at 00:13, headthebaw said:

We really enjoyed our holiday. Cavtat was a beautiful town not far from Dubrovnik and had a village feel to it.  In some ways underdeveloped but in a nice way. Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.

Dubrovnik was quite different in that it was a very busy but well worth a day or two. 

Not a cheap holiday but prices probably the same as at home.

I'd go back to Croatia but try another area.

Cheers. We booked it on Friday.

We've gone half board so we will only be eating out and about a maybe a couple of times with probably just the one day in Dubrovnik. Its our first week away without any kids for nearly seven years so Cavtat sounds perfect for a quiet, relaxing week.

• 1 year later...
On 20/07/2019 at 23:14, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Bump. 10 days in Croatia booked for me and Mrs Shabadoo. We head to Tisno for a couple of days of Defected Croatia, which gives us another week, finishing in Split. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

When booking digs in Split get something as close as possible to the old town/Diocletians Palace. Vast majority of what you will do in Split is around there, unless you want to sun yourself on the beach.

Brac is worth a couple of days if you have the time, boat takes about 90 minutes from Split(I think, going on 5 years since I was there), Bol(and Zlatny Rat) were fantastic for a few days of just relaxing.

Croatia is probably the best looking country I have ever visited, in terms of the aesthetics of the locals...

• 2 years later...

Heading over to Mlini, between Cavtat and Dubrovnik, next month for 10 days. Was in the area a few years back when our wee boy was in a pram and toddling so wee were quite limited in excursions apart from boats to and from Dubrovnik. any recommendations for  things to do, islands to visit or generally any child friendly activities would be greatly appreciated. 

We did visit Kupari last time as it was just around the bay from our hotel, it is an old tito holiday resort for Top brass in the Yugoslav army and was heavily targeted during the balkan conflict was very eerie as had never been in a "warzone" before  

10 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Heading over to Mlini, between Cavtat and Dubrovnik, next month for 10 days. Was in the area a few years back when our wee boy was in a pram and toddling so wee were quite limited in excursions apart from boats to and from Dubrovnik. any recommendations for  things to do, islands to visit or generally any child friendly activities would be greatly appreciated. 

We did visit Kupari last time as it was just around the bay from our hotel, it is an old tito holiday resort for Top brass in the Yugoslav army and was heavily targeted during the balkan conflict was very eerie as had never been in a "warzone" before  

A  drive into Montenegro and round Kotor Bay into Kotor for a walk round the town would make a pleasant day trip. Makarska might be a wee bit far up the coast but that has loads of beach activities for kids as well as a short hop over to Brac. Up behind it is the Biokovo Nature Park which is stunning and also has the skywalk if you have a head for heights.