Stranraer v Twente Enschede

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Under 20's should attend every home game.

Are the under-20s not the team competing in the South of Scotland League? Presumably, they are playing at 3pm on a Saturday and that would make it difficult to attend the home games of the first team.

Are the under-20s not the team competing in the South of Scotland League? Presumably, they are playing at 3pm on a Saturday and that would make it difficult to attend the home games of the first team.

Not 100% sure but heard the South team is

to bridge the gap between 20's and 17's.

20's team being coached by David MacGregor and the South team by Gary McCutcheon.

4 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Not 100% sure but heard the South team is

to bridge the gap between 20's and 17's.

20's team being coached by David MacGregor and the South team by Gary McCutcheon.

Has Stuart Wild left the Under-20s? Both he and McGregor took Saturday

mornings's training session, and the latter now appears to be organising

the first team pre-match warm-ups.

Has Stuart Wild left the Under-20s? Both he and McGregor took Saturday
mornings's training session, and the latter now appears to be organising
the first team pre-match warm-ups.

As far as I know he's still there. Knowledge of the 20's is pretty limited as it all goes on somewhere up the road.
Some of the coaching staff have been on holiday during pre-season so McGregor may have been drafted in for that. I did notice doing some work with the subs during the Larne game.
I believe Faz is on holiday on Saturday. Probably be Aitken in charge with the rest of the coaching staff and Stuart Miller casting an eye from the stand.

21 hours ago, Mattmc said:

As far as I know he's still there. Knowledge of the 20's is pretty limited as it all goes on somewhere up the road.
Some of the coaching staff have been on holiday during pre-season so McGregor may have been drafted in for that. I did notice doing some work with the subs during the Larne game.
I believe Faz is on holiday on Saturday. Probably be Aitken in charge with the rest of the coaching staff and Stuart Miller casting an eye from the stand.

Aitken definitely in charge. Apparently rest of backroom staff on holiday...

can he step-up to the challenge? Some folk are meant to be a Number Two

in my experience:) Mr MacGregor will be with the Under-20s in the morning

as they play Bonnyton, and then taking the first-team warm-up... a repeat

of last Saturday.

As mentioned above, I think Aitken will be ably assisted by Stuart Millar - someone with plenty of experience of being an assistant. Also, I would rather Stevie Farrell was missing a friendly than something that actually mattered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08ws61t/reporting-scotland-lunchtime-news-07072017

Couple of minutes coverage on the lunch time edition of Reporting Scotland today. Starts at five mins forty five seconds for anyone wanting to skip right to it.

Nice gesture from the club to offer all last seasons mascots the opportunity to walk out with team tomorrow.

Good day of football on the cards, round robin tournament at Stranraer Academy 3G involving Stranraer South of Scotland team, Islandmagee and Dundela. Last game expected to finish at 2pm.

FC Twente fans team play at the Transit Camp 11am kick off.  

1 hour ago, Mattmc said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08ws61t/reporting-scotland-lunchtime-news-07072017

Couple of minutes coverage on the lunch time edition of Reporting Scotland today. Starts at five mins forty five seconds for anyone wanting to skip right to it.

Nice gesture from the club to offer all last seasons mascots the opportunity to walk out with team tomorrow.

Good day of football on the cards, round robin tournament at Stranraer Academy 3G involving Stranraer South of Scotland team, Islandmagee and Dundela. Last game expected to finish at 2pm.

FC Twente fans team play at the Transit Camp 11am kick off.  

Great touch inviting all the mascots! Does that include yourself? :shutup

Would have taken 0-5 before the game started.
Good test for Stranraer though. Twente didn't waste many passes and very quick to press players. Hopefully helped fitness levels ahead of next weeks game.
Much like the Larne game it's hard to read into it at all.
Hopefully the club and town have made a penny or two.

Archived