Stranraer v Twente Enschede

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say how many were there, I reckon 600/700?
Very good Twente side in the first half and would've been more than a match for any other team in Scotland.
Stranraer looked okay but the difference in fitness and sharpness between the two sides was stark.
Still happy with how we are shaping up for the season ahead.

Cracking day out and some good banter with some Dutch guys on the train. A lassie in a bikini top asked me where she could get a drink from ... not sure if she was Dutch but she looked a wee bit out of place. 

Short hair and pink bikini top?...if so that's a bloke from newton stewart area.

Video being shared about Facebook today with someone from FC Twente inviting Stranraer over to Enschede.

Probably very slim chance of it happening but would be tremendous.

The fact our sponsors go in to Holland might make it more viable.

Stranraer paid for Twentes hotel and meals so if this was to reciprocated it may not be too costly.

A lot harder to organise for a part time club mind you.

I'm a fan of Twente and went to a match in Enschede on a recent trip to Amsterdam. It's a shame this game clashed with our Play for the Sons game yesterday or I would've made the trip down, to sit in the away end of course!

Hope you all had a good, was there any Twente fans in attendance? They are a right friendly bunch and were fairly fascinated by me and my mates shouting pelters at the ref and opposition. If you get the chance to go over there I'd highly recommend it.

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm a fan of Twente and went to a match in Enschede on a recent trip to Amsterdam. It's a shame this game clashed with our Play for the Sons game yesterday or I would've made the trip down, to sit in the away end of course!

Hope you all had a good, was there any Twente fans in attendance? They are a right friendly bunch and were fairly fascinated by me and my mates shouting pelters at the ref and opposition. If you get the chance to go over there I'd highly recommend it.

Around 500 Twente fans.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Around 500 Twente fans.

500 was the number being batted about before their arrival. I don't think there were anymore than 300/350 in the ground.

Nearly everyone I've met over the weekend seems to of wanted to talk about the fixture. Nice to have a bit of a buzz about the town for a change. Even better when it involves Stranraer FC.

Archived