Cancer ,its feckin bawz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad died of oesophagal cancer he had been seemingly in great health till  he was diagnosed, I played squash with him every week, and he was commuting to Edinburgh every day he put off going to the doctor too long when he was finding it hard to swallow food and it was 4 months from diagnosis till death. Ultimately it was the chemo that killed him the official cause of death was pneumonia but he should have been put in palliative care before that and might have had a few more months. I only found out he had no chance and they were preparing him for death the night before he died. It was the Macmillan nurse that broke the news there was no hope and she was amazing, I can't imagine how tough that job must be.

8 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Sad news about that young lad Bradley today.

Terrible for anyone to suffer this cruel cruel disease but a 6 year old kid ffs. He will be just one of many.

f**k you cancer emoji867.png

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

I've not paid too much attention to it, but Defoe deserves a lot of respect for what he did for the Bairn. No need to visit him on all those occasions, and yet he did. That interview yesterday where he burst into tears discussing it was something different.

Was a bit of a surprise to see how much publicity it gained. Neuroblastoma is a c**t of an illness.

I don't know why, but wee Bradley's death has crushed me.

Perhaps it's being a parent, or because of my own experience last year, or a mixture of the two, but I shed a few tears yesterday when I found out, and I'm not usually a "grief monkey".

What a wee fighter that lad was.  No matter how much the illness battered f**k out of him, he always had a giant smile on his face.  And I have a shit ton of respect for Jerman Defoe.  He could have just signed a shirt and left it at that.  The courage, happiness and friendship he gave to wee Bradley and his family in the darkest of times should absolutely not be understated.  In a profession of prima donnas, he is an utter giant, and you could see in the press conference how fond he'd grown of the wee fella.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth.  RIP, wee man.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You'll not want to read the heartbreaking story of wee 5 year old Eileidh Paterson who got "married" to her best pal but died shortly after. I don't normally read/follow that kind of shit but it fucking floored me. Neuroblastoma again.

Fucking hell. The universe conspires to be an absolute b*****d at times. How the f**k do the parents cope?

ETA: Just read about her.  Now I'm a fucking mess again. :(

Archived