Work colleagues

1 hour ago, Ekhibee88 said:

I quite often get colleagues telling what me what to do despite me knowing or just about to do it. The place is full of ex managers from old works so I guess they cant shake it off. I always thought its because I look unsure and quiet. Can get annoying and nearly said something . 

Thats annoying. We have a constant issue with people from other teams telling us, or worse, other people what our team does. "But X said you could do this" Aye well X doesn't know what they are talking about.

5 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

I quite often get colleagues telling what me what to do despite me knowing or just about to do it. The place is full of ex managers from old works so I guess they cant shake it off. I always thought its because I look unsure and quiet. Can get annoying and nearly said something . 

Gonnae make sure to click the 'Submit Reply' button after ye finish typing, eh? Thanks pal!

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Gonnae make sure to click the 'Submit Reply' button after ye finish typing, eh? Thanks pal!

Yes and I should point out that that is the button with the words "Submit Reply" on it.

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Yes and I should point out that that is the button with the words "Submit Reply" on it.

Remember to mark this request as "URGENT" and use the High Importance flag. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Swarley
Spelling

51 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

By clicking this your reply will be submitted. 

Also when using a mobile phone you actually just need to touch it with your finger or thumb as opposed to an actual click.

46 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Also when using a mobile phone you actually just need to touch it with your finger or thumb as opposed to an actual click.

if it makes a click noise, you have the settings wrong, probably that annoying git on the train that every touch of their phone sounds a click as they feverously type crap messages to their crap friends. 

Annoying in or out of work.

19 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

A boy from the Army recently joined my work as a trainee. He's a sound lad but he's a little work shy, shall we say. 

Today I discovered that he isn't actually work shy at all. He just needs told what, when, where and why. He rarely asks questions or looks I terested but you push him into it and tell him why it's done and how and he's basically one of the best set of hands I've had in my years of labourers/trainees.

It's fucking wild what the Army does to folk. 

I was told a few weeks back he asks to week with me because it's boring with others. I thought I made it a laugh and enjoyable. Maybe he just likes getting told what to do. :lol:

My old boss from about a decade ago was ex-Royal Engineers and his work ethic was unreal. His thought process when going into any job was always well thought out, logical and made perfect sense.

It's kind of rubbed off on me too, if I have to go to a site I'm there sharp, having planned and prepped and made sure I've got everything I need to complete the job and I plan for if I won't finish the job or run into issues or problems when I'm there.  That all sounds like common sense, but for the majority of gimps I've worked with, in various jobs over the years, it isn't.  You'd be amazed how many folk would go to a job alone or with me, and be completely underprepared for it, run into issues and have to go back another day to finish it.  When I worked with this guy from the Army that never happened once, nor does it ever happen to me when I'm on a solo trip. 

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

My old boss from about a decade ago was ex-Royal Engineers and his work ethic was unreal. His thought process when going into any job was always well thought out, logical and made perfect sense.

It's kind of rubbed off on me too, if I have to go to a site I'm there sharp, having planned and prepped and made sure I've got everything I need to complete the job and I plan for if I won't finish the job or run into issues or problems when I'm there.  That all sounds like common sense, but for the majority of gimps I've worked with, in various jobs over the years, it isn't.  You'd be amazed how many folk would go to a job alone or with me, and be completely underprepared for it, run into issues and have to go back another day to finish it.  When I worked with this guy from the Army that never happened once, nor does it ever happen to me when I'm on a solo trip. 

You'll love it here.

Every morning, is like a 30 man new recruits Monday, nobody knows what to do, no plan no f**k all.

I've worked in 6 different places here, they are all the same.

24 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

You'll love it here.

Every morning, is like a 30 man new recruits Monday, nobody knows what to do, no plan no f**k all.

^^^ Hibs manager found