Work colleagues

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Do the picking lists contain any customer personal information? If so, you'll be in the right once GDPR comes around

All they have on them is the item number, store location and a sales order number. Nothing else, not even the customer name. It's literally only ever printed off so that the storeman knows where to fucking go.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's mental. Can't you just link your system to an online Cloud system? Then if the system crashes you won't lose anything.

I hate this sort of waste. It's just so unnecessary and it does add up, meaning it's harmful both financially and environmentally. 

We've upgraded our computer system just over a year ago so that everything for each job can be stored in it's own online file - the company want us to be completely paperless by 2020 or something - the problem being that nobody has bothered their arse to re-write the work flows to show this, so despite having a shiny new system which does almost everything we need we still need to be following our old working procedures. I think it's my department manager who is responsible for the work flow so he should have updated it, but it's shite that I get "marked down" for not abiding by an out of date system.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

All they have on them is the item number, store location and a sales order number. Nothing else, not even the customer name. It's literally only ever printed off so that the storeman knows where to fucking go.

We've upgraded our computer system just over a year ago so that everything for each job can be stored in it's own online file - the company want us to be completely paperless by 2020 or something - the problem being that nobody has bothered their arse to re-write the work flows to show this, so despite having a shiny new system which does almost everything we need we still need to be following our old working procedures. I think it's my department manager who is responsible for the work flow so he should have updated it, but it's shite that I get "marked down" for not abiding by an out of date system.

Sounds like utter jobsworth stuff from the manager

Why is that when someone reports something at fault in my area of work, it's my responsibility to fix it, but when I report something at fault in someone else's area of work, it's apparently also my responsibility to tell them what the problem is and how to fix it?

I had a run in today with the world's most annoying woman. I was having a conversation about a job with a colleague when she looked up, walked the full length of the office and began to butt in with things which were of no relevance to the job in hand. She went in a huff when I stopped her and told her to f**k off. Got pulled up by the boss for that one, but it was worth it.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Just found out that quite a folk at my work print out emails so that, in their words, ‘they know they’ve dealt with it’.

What a fucking huge waste of paper. They could create folder in their email account or use the flagging system. Genuinely this should be something that should see them get a talking to from management. Tree killing morons.

I don't care about trees. I do get fed up with people that never bothered to find out how to use email though and ask when something changed etc.

"When did x change?

Three weeks ago, you got an email.

I didn't get it.

Yes you did, we all did.

Well I never.

Do you want me to forward it again?

No, I'm just going to keep doing it the old way."

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

One c**t at my work who works in admin (i.e. They communicate with us pretty much solely through email, e.g. If you phone them and ask them for something, they say "yes not a problem, can you email me the request", no I fucking can't I've just asked you on the phone you turd, anyway I digress) refuses to believe he has received anything by email.  Last week I even went down to the office, got him to show me his email and I pointed it out to him in his in box. And he'd fucking opened it.

p***k.

Maybe he saw it was from you and just glazed over?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What do you have against trees?

Nothing, I just don't really care. My main concern is people not able to manage email. It's not hard to do, even without formal training. It's been in place so long now none of them will admit they don't read them and wait till IT tell them to delete everything.

This belter from the boss this morning (possibly should be in the corporate spik thread)

Today we are going to start recording Q&A's for all sales and technical email questions that come in. So, for all emails that you answer that are either sales related or technical related, put those on your daily Q&A reports.  Obviously any transactional, or general type of emails won't need to be on the report (tracking numbers, order status, lead time, etc.).  We will start to develop a taxonomy system so that both customers and ourselves will be able to retrieve the information when searching for it.  Something along the lines of a Dewey Decimal System.  Basically we are building a library of technical knowledge and information that no one else will have, so it's a critical step for us to take to differentiate ourselves from the Amazon's and Grainger's of the world.  It's also an important step to take internally, so that we can build a database of information that we can use to look up answers to questions that someone has figured out previously, rather than multiple people searching for an answer multiple times.  It may take awhile to see results, but at some point in the future it will play a key role in moving the company forward, and making us more efficient.  

14 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I've spent all day sorting one c***s f**k ups.  He pulled a sickie today and better be back tomorrow because there's more sitting here waiting for him. Fucking useless Fife c**t that he is.

Reminds me of a former colleague. Always bleating on about being given more responsibilities then swiftly pulling a sickie when they realised the difficulty of what they'd been asked to do.

This belter from the boss this morning (possibly should be in the corporate spik thread)

Today we are going to start recording Q&A's for all sales and technical email questions that come in. So, for all emails that you answer that are either sales related or technical related, put those on your daily Q&A reports.  Obviously any transactional, or general type of emails won't need to be on the report (tracking numbers, order status, lead time, etc.).  We will start to develop a taxonomy system so that both customers and ourselves will be able to retrieve the information when searching for it.  Something along the lines of a Dewey Decimal System.  Basically we are building a library of technical knowledge and information that no one else will have, so it's a critical step for us to take to differentiate ourselves from the Amazon's and Grainger's of the world.  It's also an important step to take internally, so that we can build a database of information that we can use to look up answers to questions that someone has figured out previously, rather than multiple people searching for an answer multiple times.  It may take awhile to see results, but at some point in the future it will play a key role in moving the company forward, and making us more efficient.  

[emoji23] That c**t clearly has no idea how Dewey Decimal works.