Work colleagues

15 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I saw that earlier; got bored by the halfway point, and I'm not going back to it. Has anyone in the article actually asked an employee to come to work naked, or is this the fantasy of a feverish BBC editor doing some blue sky thinking with the interns?

simon.jpg.5086cea3591a88f17f2f81f0836936f5.jpg

Our official one is tomorrow.  Fancy meal and free bevvy.  Haven't been to one in the three Christmases that I've worked here, and doubt I ever will.  

My team has a Christmas lunch/dinner booked in for next Thursday.  Seven of us in the team, so we're leaving the office at 3pm and going for an Italian and a couple of pints.  Would rather be doing heehaw in all honesty.

This could really go into the wanky phrases thread but probably more suited to here as it's work related. A colleague has just emailed me asking to add something to a calendar (that he has fucking access to). His request? "Please could you diarise this and we'll convene when I have the time". Currently weighing up whether I'd like a wage for Christmas or a jail cell.

This could really go into the wanky phrases thread but probably more suited to here as it's work related. A colleague has just emailed me asking to add something to a calendar (that he has fucking access to). His request? "Please could you diarise this and we'll convene when I have the time". Currently weighing up whether I'd like a wage for Christmas or a jail cell.

I'd put it in the diary right next to a 2nd entry stating "stab business buzz word b*****d" and see if he gets the message.

Younger cockwomble who consistently fucks up but thinks he's incredible. Recently really starting to grate on me, I normally just let his mistakes slide and fix them without drama but since I took Monday off he seems to think its amusing to slag me to other workers.
I don't want to start being like a bitch and highlighting his every mistake but I feel I might forcibly remove his jugular if he doesn't stop being a w****r

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I am currently struggling to work with c***s like that. I cant say that I am tolerating them, its only consequences between them and a kickin. The world is a fucked up place and protects people that send emails like that from the live disembolment they fuckin deserve.

9 hours ago, HenryHill said:

The world is a fucked up place and protects people that send emails like that from the live disembolment they fuckin deserve.

^^^ stealing lines from the original screenplay for Se7en.

2 hours ago, capybara said:

I'm self employedemoji46.png

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Your boss is an arsehole, but in his defence his staff is useless.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Thank heaven for small mercies.

1 hour ago, capybara said:

Not sure what you mean . But thanks anyway.

Kind of proves GD's point.

Just found out that quite a folk at my work print out emails so that, in their words, ‘they know they’ve dealt with it’.

What a fucking huge waste of paper. They could create folder in their email account or use the flagging system. Genuinely this should be something that should see them get a talking to from management. Tree killing morons.

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just found out that quite a folk at my work print out emails so that, in their words, ‘they know they’ve dealt with it’.

What a fucking huge waste of paper. They could create folder in their email account or use the flagging system. Genuinely this should be something that should see them get a talking to from management. Tree killing morons.

I'm sitting at my desk trying not to shake with rage. How is that at all logical?! The flagging system is clearly designed for that exact reason.

We have an external audit coming up tomorrow and we do a wee mock internal one to see if we fall down anywhere before hand. I just had this conversation:

Auditer: Can you tell me where the hard copy of the picking list for this job is?

Me: Probably in the recycle bin, the job is over a year old and we recycle picking lists as there's an electronic copy saved in the online system.

Auditer: *shakes head* You can't just bin documents, what if the system crashed?

Me: Well I think the last of our worries will be a picking list from a year ago.

Auditer: *shakes head more* Can you print off a copy and put it in the file please as per your departmental work flow.

I'm now going through jobs which are older than a year to print off a piece of paper which doesn't really mean anything and will never, ever be used or looked at again. All because some bawbag who hasn't done the job wrote up a "work flow" which is vaguely relevant to the work I do, but not at all practical, getting you to tick off checklists to prove you've printed a piece of paper and stuck in a fucking file that nobody will ever fucking look at again. I actually hope we fail the audit miserably, at least then we might have a chance of re-writing these stupid "work flows".

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm sitting at my desk trying not to shake with rage. How is that at all logical?! The flagging system is clearly designed for that exact reason.

We have an external audit coming up tomorrow and we do a wee mock internal one to see if we fall down anywhere before hand. I just had this conversation:

Auditer: Can you tell me where the hard copy of the picking list for this job is?

Me: Probably in the recycle bin, the job is over a year old and we recycle picking lists as there's an electronic copy saved in the online system.

Auditer: *shakes head* You can't just bin documents, what if the system crashed?

Me: Well I think the last of our worries will be a picking list from a year ago.

Auditer: *shakes head more* Can you print off a copy and put it in the file please as per your departmental work flow.

I'm now going through jobs which are older than a year to print off a piece of paper which doesn't really mean anything and will never, ever be used or looked at again. All because some bawbag who hasn't done the job wrote up a "work flow" which is vaguely relevant to the work I do, but not at all practical, getting you to tick off checklists to prove you've printed a piece of paper and stuck in a fucking file that nobody will ever fucking look at again. I actually hope we fail the audit miserably, at least then we might have a chance of re-writing these stupid "work flows".

Do the picking lists contain any customer personal information? If so, you'll be in the right once GDPR comes around

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's mental. Can't you just link your system to an online Cloud system? Then if the system crashes you won't lose anything.

I hate this sort of waste. It's just so unnecessary and it does add up, meaning it's harmful both financially and environmentally.