Work colleagues

It's just started in my place. The help desk guy in Australia BCC's people in but then in the first line of his email he puts in BCC : James

Why blind copy someone in and then tell you I've done it???

Granted c***s that blind copy people in need a boot in the pie too. No better than lee Wallace!

6 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

c***s that copy you in to emails needlessly. Boy I know is particularly bad for this and it annoys me every time.

We have loads of email address groups in my work, and there's a lassie that doesn't quite grasp the concept and emails the group, but takes the time to copy every single person in that group into it as well. 

Annoys f**k out of me. 

We have loads of email address groups in my work, and there's a lassie that doesn't quite grasp the concept and emails the group, but takes the time to copy every single person in that group into it as well. 
Annoys f**k out of me. 

I was in an email chain today with 3 other people today, all 4 of us were in the same fucking room because I'm a functioning adult I just spoke my replies when required. It felt very surreal but equally infuriating.

I was in an email chain today with 3 other people today, all 4 of us were in the same fucking room because I'm a functioning adult I just spoke my replies when required. It felt very surreal but equally infuriating.

It was bad enough it happened once but a second time is just silly

Ugh, why do some people with client-facing jobs feel the need to be condescending arseholes?  Had to pick up a laptop from our IT counter and although the guy I dealt with was pleasant the other IT guy "helping" other people was a complete dick to them just because they didn't have the 100% correct paperwork.  

On 30/08/2017 at 09:59, NorthernJambo said:

c***s that copy you in to emails needlessly. Boy I know is particularly bad for this and it annoys me every time.

Somewhat related, but people who email you then come up to you and ask if you'd received said email if you don't reply within seconds. 

9 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Somewhat related, but people who email you then come up to you and ask if you'd received said email if you don't reply within seconds. 

A verbal response along the lines of "Yeah, sorry, I've a rule set up that puts all your e-mails straight into junk/deleted" always elicits a tasty reaction.

Used to work in an office where this girl used to openly watch Eastenders on BBC iPlayer during the working day.

A guy in the same office spent most of his time watching street fighting videos on You Tube.

Also knew a guy at RBS that literally did no work at all but went in every day and just worked on a picture he was doing in MS Paint, building it up pixel by pixel.  It was a bay with a yacht, mountains and a sunset. 

I'm convinced if I did any of those things I'd be canned in a day but some people just seem to float above it all.

27 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Also knew a guy at RBS that literally did no work at all but went in every day and just worked on a picture he was doing in MS Paint, building it up pixel by pixel.  It was a bay with a yacht, mountains and a sunset. 

Was his name Liam, by any chance?

42 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Used to work in an office where this girl used to openly watch Eastenders on BBC iPlayer during the working day.

A guy in the same office spent most of his time watching street fighting videos on You Tube.

I'm convinced if I did any of those things I'd be canned in a day but some people just seem to float above it all.

I worked in RBS for a couple of years, often doing nightshifts where I literally had nothing to do.  Utter deathly tedium.  At other points it was twelve straight hours of total madness, not enough time to go for a piss.

There were many, many malingerers in there though.  Some people had it down to a fine art.

I used to work with a guy whose job requirements consisted of, as far as I could tell, playing solitaire on his computer. When clients visited the office, we had to take them the long way round to avoid walking past his desk. Towards the end of the nineties, the company went through several rounds of layoffs. He survived each one and for all I know, may still be there.

Had a few that spent all day watching love island at work recently.

One guy that used to work in our department took the utter piss every Christmas, he would spend from the 1st December to about the 20th decorating the floor. Redecorating the trees daily and crumpling paper so we could have a "snowball fight" periodically.

When he wasn't doing this he was watching either Elf or Die Hard on the big screen.

Then when the euros was on he decorated everything in the flags of all the competing countries. And would spend as little time doing his work as he could.

Thankfully I'm out of that team now.

I used to work with a guy whose job requirements consisted of, as far as I could tell, playing solitaire on his computer. When clients visited the office, we had to take them the long way round to avoid walking past his desk. Towards the end of the nineties, the company went through several rounds of layoffs. He survived each one and for all I know, may still be there.

Know a couple of people like that; they are basically untouchable. If they have the brass neck to do that then they also have the neck to cause trouble if questioned. Management can't be arsed with the hastle so they let it go. I guess that's why we have bell curves

9 hours ago, mizfit said:

Had a few that spent all day watching love island at work recently.

One guy that used to work in our department took the utter piss every Christmas, he would spend from the 1st December to about the 20th decorating the floor. Redecorating the trees daily and crumpling paper so we could have a "snowball fight" periodically.

When he wasn't doing this he was watching either Elf or Die Hard on the big screen.

Then when the euros was on he decorated everything in the flags of all the competing countries. And would spend as little time doing his work as he could.

Thankfully I'm out of that team now.

He sounds like quite the character.