Your old school & famous ex pupils

Don't recall any famous people going to Lochgilphead High as such however Martha Payne brought the press to the area when she published her school dinners blog which caught the attention of the mainstream press and Jamie Oliver a few years ago!

A murderer was also caught on CCTV going into pick up some black bags on his way to disposing of a body.

Should add that ex-Livi defender Cammy McDonald went to Lochgilphead School, now coaching in America.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Andrew's in Carntyne.

Only ones I can think of are from the footballing world.

Declan McManus (Aberdeen, Raith, Morton, Dunfermline), Dale Keenan (Partick Thistle, Stranraer) and Stephen Hendrie (Hamilton, West Ham). I also think David Marshall attended but not 100% sure. The rest are similar ages to myself

Crieff High School. 

Absolutely fucking nobody. 

Renton/Obi Wan Kenobi is from Crieff but went to Morrisons Academy. w****r.

I think HSF went to same school as him.

Notable former pupils[edit]

Pretty much a bunch of c***s apart from King Dougie Vipond :wub:.

16 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

Early 40s. You must be a posh fella

Ah, right, I'm in my late thirties so wouldn't know him.

Wouldn't say I was posh, but I'm not scum either. Only went to Campbell cos I lived close by. Hated the snobbishness of the place. 

All the decent sorts went to the Academy.
Kezia Dugdale's dad was a teacher at Elgin High School was he not?

Yep, he was a deputy head when I was there. f**k knows what he actually taught, sound guy for the most part.

2 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Elgin Academy. p***k

Ricky Foster is probably Elgin High School's most famous :lol:

Elgin Academy did indeed have Kevin McKidd, in addition to Leslie Benzies who set up Rockstar games (Grand Theft Auto). Chris Clark (former Dons player) was a couple of years above me... and he wasn't even the best footballer in his year. 

I went to Greenfaulds High in Cumbernauld and I'm sure one of the teachers told us that the only famous ex-pupil they could think of was Joe 'Bananas' Hanlon who was mainly famous for being friends with Paul Ferris and being shot up the arse. I believe he also attended Our Lady's and came to our school when he was expelled. 

Archived