A-League 2017/18

Eednud

Japs fucked us again twice in one week,

On the bright side the Syrian game might be held in Perth like the Iraq game was

We well and truly fucked ourselves by failing to win games that should have been won away to both Thailand and Iraq.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We well and truly fucked ourselves by failing to win games that should have been won away to both Thailand and Iraq.

That's a given but I'd thought Japan would have the quality to see off KSA and help us out

That's a given but I'd thought Japan would have the quality to see off KSA and help us out

Only 7 players started both games for Japan, another 2 starters against Saudi came on as subs against us and another starter against us was a sub v Saudi. Temperature in Jeddah was 35c and classed as hot and humid.

FFA Cup Quarter Finals start tonight with last year's finalists in a rematch but MelC travel to Sydney this time. Game is being played at Leichhardt Oval and is the main TV game. The other game tonight is NPL side Heidelberg United at home to Adelaide United. Heidelberg finished top in the Victorian NPL but lost the Grand Final to Bentleigh Greens after extra time last weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if Heidelberg win this one. 

FFA Cup Quarter Finals start tonight with last year's finalists in a rematch but MelC travel to Sydney this time. Game is being played at Leichhardt Oval and is the main TV game. The other game tonight is NPL side Heidelberg United at home to Adelaide United. Heidelberg finished top in the Victorian NPL but lost the Grand Final to Bentleigh Greens after extra time last weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if Heidelberg win this one. 

Hope you didn't have money on that?!

Last of the FFA Cup Quarter Finals tonight. NPL side Blacktown City at home to WSW. Apart from being a Sydney derby it can probably be classed as a West Sydney derby if Blacktown is where I think it is. Other tie is an all NPL clash between Gold Coast City and South Melbourne.  Blacktown and Gold Coast wins preferred.

Last of the FFA Cup Quarter Finals tonight. NPL side Blacktown City at home to WSW. Apart from being a Sydney derby it can probably be classed as a West Sydney derby if Blacktown is where I think it is. Other tie is an all NPL clash between Gold Coast City and South Melbourne.  Blacktown and Gold Coast wins preferred.

Yes Blacktown is Western Sydney so it'll be interesting to see.

I hope you aren't a gambling man because your tipping is awful!

I hope you aren't a gambling man because your tipping is awful!

Saturday Lotto is about my limit and any win is usually Division 5 or 6 and not very often.

ETA: Reckon the Gold Coast goalkeeper has a punt on South Melbourne, especially after seeing the 6th goal.

Have to admit, I'm looking forward to next weekend. I've kinda missed the A-League.

Melbourne Victory will be without Mark Milligan & James Troisi, Mel C no Tim Cahill and WSW Josh Risdon as all in Socceroos squad for Syria play-off. There might also be a few more missing from other clubs, especially Wellington Phoenix when the NZ squad for Oct 6 friendly v Japan is announced. As Adelaide United’s opening game is away to Phoenix we might win our opening game for first time in 3 seasons.

Ross McCormack has signed with Melbourne City. Got a feeling that will be a very good signing for them.

That’s an interesting signing and tend to agree with you. NZ squad announced so missing from Round 1 will be Tom Doyle, Andrew Durrante, Michael McGlinchey from Phoenix, Dane Ingham from Brisbane Roar and Kosta Barbarouses from Victory.

Archived