Battleground 2017

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooft, the first PPV I've not either stayed up for or avoided spoilers to watch Monday morning/afternoon for a long, long time, and looked like I picked well.  Was anything worth watching back?  Sounds like they almost got there with a few matches but crucially fucked up the finishes.

Khali back though :lol: Brilliant - if you can't be good, you may as well just go the other direction and be so dreadful it's entertaining.  Given that Jinder is surely moving on, are we going to get Khali vs Orton?

EDIT: Didn't read anything about Breezango...did they drag that one on for another few weeks?

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm hoping we just continue to see their c***s get kicked in for eternity.

F'kin booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

3 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Re Breezango that looks to be continuing as it ended with Fandango's body being dragged away by the attackers.

Chad2Bad and Tex Ferguson reforming IMO.

Guest bernardblack
I still don't really know what happened at the finish of the US Championship match.

Seemed very flat. Maybe they'll show that Owens had his shoulders down too?

Seemed very flat. Maybe they'll show that Owens had his shoulders down too?

I was half watching initially and thought maybe he still had him in a submission or that Owens was pulling shenanigans but I can't fathom how it wasn't a botch. Who knows though.

Guest bernardblack

I was half watching initially and thought maybe he still had him in a submission or that Owens was pulling shenanigans but I can't fathom how it wasn't a botch. Who knows though.

Yeah, maybe they'll show a different camera angle showing what happened.

Classic WWE though. It's styles and Owens ffs. No need for shenanigans, just let them put on a clinic

14 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Actually you know what credit to Cena and Rusev, they done well with that stipulation.

Did they f**k. It absolutely sapped the life out of the crowd. They were just dead throughout. It was a boring, predictable angle, so much so that they actually used lines in Cena's promos that he used for their Mania feud a couple of years ago.

12 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Re Breezango that looks to be continuing as it ended with Fandango's body being dragged away by the attackers.

Harper and Rowan surely?

10 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I still don't really know what happened at the finish of the US Championship match.

It looked like they both had their shoulders down. The crowd seemed confused by the ending as well.

Surely Khali won't be wrestling again? He was stinking the place up years ago and and knackered knees. He surely won't have improved since.

Also on the Talking Smack advert during the show the graphic had Owens with the US title (it was after his match) and Mahal with the WWE title.

Dishonourable mention for Boring Corbin who drained the crowd. Abysmal finish as well.

Women's match could have been decent but was rushed.

Zayn/Mike was Superstars level shit.

Opener was however good. That kick on Woods when he went for the elbow was viscous

It's one of the worst PPVs I've ever watched tbh. Kinda reminds me of December 2 Dismember, where it opened with a damn fine tag match, and then just went from clusterfuck to clusterfuck.

Even before the ending, Owens/Styles was a bit shit.

On 24/07/2017 at 22:43, Randy Giles said:

I don't mind unclean finishes for a heel tbh.

Neither do I - but every single title match he's had? Still doesn't look like a credible champion due to this. They're billing him as some Maharajah, and going on about how big and strong he is.. just make him a brute force kinda guy then..

He's had some wins over lower card guys like Tye Dillinger and Mojo Rawley as champion.

He should be nowhere near the top of the card, let alone champion. Get him right to f**k. 

Archived