TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

My mate managed to use his ticket tonight which is a massive oversight. I didn't believe him and he sent me a pic. They scanned the ticket and it worked because the security didn't scan it the day before being so wrapped up in getting the search done.

I believed that part because it happened to me too but didnt think he'd actually get in.

They have just turned the volume up. Considerably. I can suddenly hear it in my house.

ETA: And yet if I'm playing banging techno loudly at 5 in the morning the Police show up at my door. Once again, it's one rule for me and another for DF Concerts.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

I was behind the big bar nearest the west entrance. Total farce tbh - ran out of all Smirnoff products at about 5 (embarrassing given they're a major sponsor and the bar staff had their t-shirts), followed by various other things.

Good fun though and caught a snippet of kasabian during my break

11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I forgot how much I hated The Kooks. Why have they reappeared?

11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't know what Catfish and the Bottlemen is but it's fucking terrible

If you hate Kasabian as well I think we could be best friends.

2 hours ago, Silvio said:

If you hate Kasabian as well I think we could be best friends.

Kasabian are good even if I gave up on them after three albums. Always put on a good show which just about skirts the line between serious and self-parody. A shame about the overwhelming proportion of their audiences who are utter bell pieces, though.

Also, Fire is a shite song and should never be used to close a set.

Went on Friday, thought it was decent for a first attempt. Was expecting higher security though, I walked in without a pat down search and my gfs bag was hardly searched at all. Queues for the bar were OK but don't think Friday was a sell out so not totally surprised to hear about yesterday.

Think if they'd had more bands on then there'd have been less of a surge in queues during the quiet times but I guess with the relatively small size of Glasgow Green there's only so many stages they can have.

Some guy at my work is adamant that this is due to become a camping thing next year, and TITP's done for good (the latter most folk already suspect tbh.)

As someone who admittedly knows absolutely f**k all about the layout of Glasgow Green, does anyone reckon there's any chance he's right? Or is he just havering a load of shite?

Definitely havering. Can't believe they'd have anywhere near enough room for camping.

Confirmed for next year by Geoff Ellis

Surely that means that TITP is over, despite the previous assurances that it would be back next year. Can't see DF managing (or even attempting) to pull them both off. Unless they just ditch the TRNSMT name and call it TITP again.

Surely that means that TITP is over, despite the previous assurances that it would be back next year. Can't see DF managing (or even attempting) to pull them both off. Unless they just ditch the TRNSMT name and call it TITP again.

I reckon they'll not run titp next year, assess how trnsmt copes with a second year and then make a decision on T. If they can make a success of a non camping festival, it's probably not worth the hassle of resurrecting T. In any case they'll need the extra year to drag it away from the scumfest it became

Think they'll view TRNSMT as a success. Outwith Radiohead I didn't think they pulled off any massive coups yet they still managed a good turnout and sold out the Saturday. Fair play I was sceptical of Ellis' ability to run anything after the disaster of the last couple of T's.