TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

It doesn't matter if their drummer's wearing a Pearl Jam shirt or if they're the proudest Glaswegian band imaginable, I still fucking hate Twin Atlantic.

Also from watching this on the telly there seems to be a lot more fat burds in Scotland than I realised.

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Kasabian are bang average at best. Each album has two or three good songs and the rest are rubbish.

Don't hate Kasabian though. Just Serge.

Also a very good judgement of them.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Twin Atlantic are shite, would rather listen to something very unpleasurable to listen to than them.

Their popularity directly compared to their Scottish contemporaries is disproportionate and deeply irritating.

Was thinking more nails and chalkboards but that works

Tbh, I heard their first album in fopp when it came out and it was a guilty pleasure of mine at the time. Not listened to anything since then although that's been the case with pretty much every artist I once liked. Need to catch up on a lot of music

Entered the green just before twin Atlantic took the stage, the cocktail bar was great for atmosphere, twin Atlantic were a bit boring if anything, two door cinema club were pretty good, 1975 were fucking shite, Matt Healy tried to start a Jeremy Corbyn chant and failed miserably. Biffy were magnificent, best I've seen them in 9 times, and all the way down was a great moment, totally out the blue.

I thought Twin Atlantic were amazing last night, I'm not really that big a fan of them (outside of a few songs) so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Two Door Cinema Club and Biffy Clyro were also really good and I'm glad Biffy played a few songs from Puzzles, which is one of my favourite albums. 

The 1975 weren't really that great, which was disappointing as I didn't actually mind their newest album. 

Thought it was a success. The crowd was mostly fantastic, the sound held up alright given the fact it was all outdoor - although slightly muffled for some - and there was no trouble.
The View and Catfish were my two favourite bands before the festival, but I thought that Kasabian, Twin Atlantic and Stormzy put on the best shows (and I fucking hate Stormzy's music).
The security was up and down. Didn't see any sniffer dogs all weekend and it was piss-easy to sneak stuff in given some stewards' lacklustre searches. My ticket also wouldn't scan on the Sunday because it was all crumpled up, yet the guy just said "f**k it, come through anyway". Was a bit taken aback.
Camping with your pals is great, but I really do think I've preferred this to T. Less likely that you're gonna run into bams who are only there for a piss-up, I found it better that they're going for band-based music and, with time, they'll hopefully be able to attract bigger and more different acts.

Was there on Saturday, agree with most of what accies said in the post above me. Thought it was big success, didn't see any trouble and it was pretty well laid out, the bar queues got pretty big between bands but it was pretty easy to just walk past the one security guy at the exit of the bar and save half an hour queuing :thumsup2. There seemed to be alot less bams than TITP, probably because of the no camping. Hope they make it a regular thing, it was great to be able to head back a nearby flat after for a party rather than walking miles to a muddy campsite with warm booze.

Was there on Saturday, agree with most of what accies said in the post above me. Thought it was big success, didn't see any trouble and it was pretty well laid out, the bar queues got pretty big between bands but it was pretty easy to just walk past the one security guy at the exit of the bar and save half an hour queuing :thumsup2. There seemed to be alot less bams than TITP, probably because of the no camping. Hope they make it a regular thing, it was great to be able to head back a nearby flat after for a party rather than walking miles to a muddy campsite with warm booze.

Forgot to mention bar queues. Didn't think they were that bad. It was quick enough to get served and there were enough dotted around. Asking for ID from every person twice was a bit unnecessary, though.

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Forgot to mention bar queues. Didn't think they were that bad. It was quick enough to get served and there were enough dotted around. Asking for ID from every person twice was a bit unnecessary, though.

We kept going to the one nearest the west entrance because my mate knew a girl behind the bar who was giving us freebies.. think that was the busiest bar. They ran out of tonic at 3 oclock which was a bit ridiculous :lol:

Had to sell tickets for the Saturday as my other half is getting over the removal of her gallbladder, managed to punt the two tickets then broke my foot on Friday night. Fate just does not want me to see Kasabian.:(

We kept going to the one nearest the west entrance because my mate knew a girl behind the bar who was giving us freebies.. think that was the busiest bar. They ran out of tonic at 3 oclock which was a bit ridiculous [emoji38]

That was my bar. We had no tonic all of Saturday! Don't know how many arguments I had with folk about having to take the lids off the wine bottles too.

Also didn't understand the purpose of the guys checking id at the start of the queue. Just made it longer and they seemed to only do that some of the time. No end of underagers/fake IDs slipped through the net

13 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Had to sell tickets for the Saturday as my other half is getting over the removal of her gallbladder, managed to punt the two tickets then broke my foot on Friday night. Fate just does not want me to see Kasabian.:(

Fate works in magical ways sometimes. You're a lucky man.