Comfort zone of Scotland

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, people, no matter the barbs or arrows you sling, it just ain't working.

It's clear that certain people have a problem with me, strangely enough, I couldn't care less.

I find it even a little flattering that you're spending so much of your time to try to goad me. So, keep it up, not that my ego needs a boost or anything.

So, who do you think I am today? :P

See, you keep saying you're not bothered, but most people that really aren't don't keep telling everyone just how not bothered they really are.

No-one has an issue with you personally, no matter what you keep saying.  They have a problem with what you post, and the smug self-righteous attitude you often put out.  Then they enjoy it when you put a weak hand to your damp brow and claim persecution.  You'd think such an acclaimed writer would've developed a thicker skin.

23 minutes ago, forameus said:

See, you keep saying you're not bothered, but most people that really aren't don't keep telling everyone just how not bothered they really are.

No-one has an issue with you personally, no matter what you keep saying.  They have a problem with what you post, and the smug self-righteous attitude you often put out.  Then they enjoy it when you put a weak hand to your damp brow and claim persecution.  You'd think such an acclaimed writer would've developed a thicker skin.

You don't know what I'm doing, do you? Does anyone know what I'm doing? Chime in anyone.

No?

OK. I'm obviously dragging it out so that I can extract as much of their time as possible. Why? Because it's funny. Let's be honest, I get jumped on for the smallest thing, so I flip-the-table. It's justice. Plus, what with the funny.

Smug and self-righteous? Yes, I am those things. Not trying to deny it. You left out arrogant, smarmy, egocentric, etc.

You don't think my skin is thick? Mate, I was called a weirdo (by that guy who has the same name as the Dad's army guy.) and I smiled it off. That's how I am. A thicker skin I could not have, I assure you. :)

So by your admission, you're spending your own free time trying to "extract as much" of complete strangers time as possible, on an internet forum.  Yeah, pretty tragic, but whatever tries to boost that fragile self-esteem you seem to have.

You do realise that some writers often take details or events or even dialogue from their own lives, don't you? 

This place has been a goldmine when it comes to writing prompts.

Was that my modus operendi when I first began posting? Not really. I just wanted to talk about football and get away from the day-job. And then I began getting rounded on at every corner, so I turned these lemons into ideas.

If people want to continue then that's fine, it's kinda like my own automatic idea generator. :)

5 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Errr... humour? Oh please! If I said something like that it would be ridiculed to nausea. Hell, I said that Garry O'Connor didn't live up to his promise and you people rounded on me like I was the second coming of Hitler. lol. The double standards in this place is palpable.

And being called a "shit illiterate c**t." for correcting a person who was incorrectly jabbing at my grammar. You people are in serious need of some meds. And no, I'm being completely serious.

No. It was what I was going for. Actually, I'm not "going for" anything, just being myself. And I do get the distinct impression that a few people here are just saying things in order to fit in and get approval.

William Shakespeare ~ To thine own self be true.

are

8 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Tidy - bookmarked ;)

Honestly, though, the actual software version of Hemmingway is a lot better. I suppose it should be.

Shout out for "Final Draft 10" and "Scrivener" and "Scapple"... if you're that way inclined. Microsoft Word is so archaic.

5 hours ago, SlayerX said:

You do realise that some writers often take details or events or even dialogue from their own lives, don't you? 

This place has been a goldmine when it comes to writing prompts.

Was that my modus operendi when I first began posting? Not really. I just wanted to talk about football and get away from the day-job. And then I began getting rounded on at every corner, so I turned these lemons into ideas.

If people want to continue then that's fine, it's kinda like my own automatic idea generator. :)

It's a pity we're not allowed to read any of it.

Just now, SlayerX said:

In the future, and you people mellow out, then sure. 

Exposure is always good, and so is feedback.

Is it proper writing? It's not a blog is it? Is it your primary source of income?

You've got me all intrigued.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is it proper writing? It's not a blog is it? Is it your primary source of income?

You've got me all intrigued.

Proper writing, not pop-up books or pamphlets or anything.

I'm making strides into novels, but it's a very competitive market.

Just now, SlayerX said:

Proper writing, not pop-up books or pamphlets or anything.

I'm making strides into novels, but it's a very competitive market.

But where is it published, what type of media?

You write on here, that doesn't make you a writer. Are you employed to write? Are you self employed, making a living from writing?

7 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wanna know one of my new favourite scenes in BtVs?

When Spike disintegrated in season 7. 

No idea why...

Archived