Comfort zone of Scotland

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

I was about to raise this point basically.
Can anyone list the players that have gone down from the Scottish leagues and lasted 5 years or longer (seems a fair amount) compared to the players that have went down and come back within 4 years?

Fecked going through 92 clubs trying to find out not got a scooby doo(i would go 25%)

I was about to raise this point basically.
Can anyone list the players that have gone down from the Scottish leagues and lasted 5 years or longer (seems a fair amount) compared to the players that have went down and come back within 4 years?

Kenny Dalglish

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Embarrassing that Stewart has elected the prospect of experiencing Europa League football and the possibility of challenging for domestic trophies. He would have been better really challenging himself with a big side like Walsall or Fleetwood Town in League One for a season. 

All 2 games of European football! League 1 has some big teams and big stadiums and would provide a challenge to him. I'm sure he'll enjoy being back up here and looking the business again. Makes us look worse that "the guy who couldn't hack it down there" looks a world beater up here. Don't know what it is, guess I just want some of our players to go down there or elsewhere and take the league by storm. More often than not they fail by either coming back up here or going down the leagues in England. Better that though and making it in league 1 as opposed to our premiership as its still a higher level. Harsh but true

Scougall played over 100 games, and spent four seasons, down there, he hardly "gave up at the first opportunity. His choice was to continue playing in the League One system down there or join us, and he found us, and Tommy Wright, more appealing.

Greg Stewart says the uncertainty over the club's future (Birmingham) swayed him to go to Aberdeen. I think that's overlooked, as players will want a safe job, as we all do, and English clubs changing managers every six months is hardly appealing

Lets look at it in reverse, loads of English players move here and the same is true, should they head on down to play for Ayr and Albion Rovers to improve the reputation of English footballers? 

47 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Nice try you shit illiterate c**t. 

Anger issues, much.

Also, is that supposed to be irony? Three insults back-to-back in a sentence rarely make sense.

Nice try? Did you press the link? Do you know how to? Hover the cursor over the... a cursor is the little arrow-headed icon that moves when you move your mouse...

Never mind. I'll help you out. :)

Rule 1a. Use the apostrophe to show possession. To show possession with a singular noun, add an apostrophe plus the letter s.

Examples:
a woman's hat
the boss's wife
Mrs. Chang's house

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Lets look at it in reverse, loads of English players move here and the same is true, should they head on down to play for Ayr and Albion Rovers to improve the reputation of English footballers? 

Exactly. The norm for English players who are even mildly successful here is to try and head straight back south, usually citing reasons like family not living here (a dead giveaway that they have no intention of residing in this climate any longer than necessary) or homesickness.

10 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

the only one coming across as "creepy" is you. you complete oddball.

Really? Coming from the boy who admits that he ejaculated during the Germany v England Under 21 match?

Are you gay? Not that there's anything wrong with it. If you are, I suppose it's not that creepy or odd, however, if not... errr......

16 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

Exactly. The norm for English players who are even mildly successful here is to try and head straight back south, usually citing reasons like family not living here (a dead giveaway that they have no intention of residing in this climate any longer than necessary) or homesickness.

Maybe it's because they feel like they're behind enemy lines, given they're dirty filthy foreigners and all, eh blutes?

3 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Really? Coming from the boy who admits that he ejaculated during the Germany v England Under 21 match?

Are you gay? Not that there's anything wrong with it. If you are, I suppose it's not that creepy or odd, however, if not... errr......

:lol:

At least you're working the parody angle well if nothing else.

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

:lol:

At least you're working the parody angle well if nothing else.

Oh dear lord.

A grown man (assuming that he is both grown and a man) admits to ejaculating when watching a men's football match and you laugh at me?

This place is the Twilight Zone. :lol:

Just now, SlayerX said:

Oh dear lord.

A grown man (assuming that he is both grown and a man) admits to ejaculating when watching a men's football match and you laugh at me?

This place is the Twilight Zone. :lol:

You are familiar with the concept of hyperbole and humour aren't you?  I only ask because it's seemed touch and go a few times with you taking quite a few things a smidgen too seriously.

And yes, I am laughing at you.  Because you're funny.  Not "you'd be fun at parties" funny, but funny nonetheless.  Probably not what you were going for, but them's the breaks.

37 minutes ago, forameus said:

You are familiar with the concept of hyperbole and humour aren't you?  I only ask because it's seemed touch and go a few times with you taking quite a few things a smidgen too seriously.

And yes, I am laughing at you.  Because you're funny.  Not "you'd be fun at parties" funny, but funny nonetheless.  Probably not what you were going for, but them's the breaks.

Errr... humour? Oh please! If I said something like that it would be ridiculed to nausea. Hell, I said that Garry O'Connor didn't live up to his promise and you people rounded on me like I was the second coming of Hitler. lol. The double standards in this place is palpable.

And being called a "shit illiterate c**t." for correcting a person who was incorrectly jabbing at my grammar. You people are in serious need of some meds. And no, I'm being completely serious.

No. It was what I was going for. Actually, I'm not "going for" anything, just being myself. And I do get the distinct impression that a few people here are just saying things in order to fit in and get approval.

William Shakespeare ~ To thine own self be true.

Archived