Comfort zone of Scotland

On 15/07/2017 at 21:13, SlayerX said:

Turns out that I was right to count my chickens, as the eggs did indeed hatch. 

If there are any budding or aspiring writers in this place, allow me to give you this tip; endeavour to make your narrative voice as familiar as possible. If your voice is familiar then it’ll give the reader an easy transition, the more familiar the voice the less transition there will be. And it WILL make your story stand out and it will make publishers/editors take notice.

For example: When I began posting in this place my voice was familiar with people, so much so that they thought that I had a pre-existing relationship to this place. Hell, I’ve lost count of the amount of posts who I was mistaken for. In hindsight, that absolutely gave me a boost when it came to the narrative voice question, not that it was ever a question, but if it ever were, it would be answered. :P

Do I have a familiar narrative voice? Quite clearly. I have an innate talent for it, but you can develop it if you practice.

The next 2-? Months it’ll be nose to the grindstone for me, so there’s little to no chance of me returning in that time. Will I return at all? I don’t know.

Thanks to you all, and I genuinely mean that.

The hard works starts now.

^^^^^^^^ Signed to British London Publishing.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For example: When I began posting in this place my voice was familiar with people, so much so that they thought that I had a pre-existing relationship to this place. Hell, I’ve lost count of the amount of posts who I was mistaken for.

Think it's just because you post a lot of shite and even in my relatively short time here there's been a lot of folk posting a lot of shite, as ever H2H [emoji4].
Best of luck with getting the work done and hope it's a success, because I'm a nice c**t really.

On 15/07/2017 at 22:18, Miguel Sanchez said:

If I had to read a book-length version of one of your posts I'd kill myself.

Just read the last couple of pages and was about to post this.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to read a book by this SlayerX persona for enjoyment, there's no chance he's getting a publishing deal imo.

On 2017-7-15 at 21:13, SlayerX said:

Do I have a familiar narrative voice? Quite clearly. I have an innate talent for it, but you can develop it if you practice.

That should read 'practise'.

I saw something about it in a pop up book once.

• 1 month later...

Andrei Kanchelskis' autobiography is out and in it he reveals that Barry Ferguson used to eat in McDonald's three times a week.  He also details that when the Rangers squad was rewarded with a week in Marbella following a title win he looked into the best restaurants but found that the Scottish players just used to eat in McDonalds and then go and get pished in Linekars Bar.

Having said that David Murray paid for the holiday so the bar tab in Linekar's is probably still outstanding.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Andrei Kanchelskis' autobiography is out and in it he reveals that Barry Ferguson used to eat in McDonald's three times a week.  He also details that when the Rangers squad was rewarded with a week in Marbella following a title win he looked into the best restaurants but found that the Scottish players just used to eat in McDonalds and then go and get pished in Linekars Bar.

Having said that David Murray paid for the holiday so the bar tab in Linekar's is probably still outstanding.

I'm assuming that - being conscientious sportsmen - they got the wee bag of apple slices instead of fries?

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

:lol: I'm not even slightly surprised.

I don't see the fuss with the above either. Although he's not had a blistering career, John Rankin used to say he ate clean all year then treated himself in a short period between the end of the season and pre season.

But but but Barry would have been good enough to play for some of the best teams in Europe if it hadn't been for injuries!

Would have loved to see how the management at Juventus or Real Madrid would have reacted to him eating fucking McDonalds.

Archived