Comfort zone of Scotland

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

You didn't answer my question.

Or would that just eradicate your paranoid fantasy? I mean, come on, that is the WORST argument tool I have ever encountered, "Duh... I can't compete with this guy mentally, so I'll accuse him of being someone else. Yes. That'll work."

Weirdly enough, that covers so many people in this place. It's either that, or "I'm in a football firm. I'm hard".

:)

28 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:

What's your opinion on Mario Balotelli emoji102.png

Don't forget Ched Evans, the impact of population on international teams and of course as a professior of economics at LSE what issues will brexit potentially cause our clubs finances...

7 hours ago, football maniac said:

Greg Stewart is the latest player to cry back to the comfort of the Spl having failed miserably to make any impact whatsoever down south. Does my head in when guys like this give up so easily coz that's exactly what they are doing when they come back. They should try and at least make a go of it with another club down their rather than come back here. Our reputation must be so shoddy atm down south and the list of players like Stewart is endless. Coll Donaldson, Scougall, Fyvie, Hendrie to name but a few have been spectacular recent fails. Even Stevie May wants back already. Christ Nicky Clark managed to last a whole 2 games down there. Come back when you are in your 30s and have done the business down south, not when you are still young and in your peak. By coming back all you are doing is damaging our reputation up here and ensuring future transfer fees will be affected. Well done to Robertson who has been the exception to the rule of late. Rant over

I've got a mate who is a massive Blades fan, and he really rated Scougall. It would be harsh to call him a failure considering he was a regular for a few seasons down there with a pretty big club (albeit one in League 1)

I'm starting to think that it's a Scottish forum paranoia. And I'm not even kidding.

The "good people" over at tamb were forever hitting the drum that I was an alias of someone who got banned.

I just don't think Scots, as a people in general, can cope with a strong personality, so they have to concoct little fantasies that said person has a pre-existing relationship, etc.

Let me tell you, I have no grudge against anyone here, I've never talked to anyone in another guise. And to be perfectly honest, you're all coming off as rather creepy.

Any individual player is only going to do what is right for them and their life, not "the reputation of the game up here".  Why would Greg Stewart give a f**k about that?  It didn't work out for him at Birmingham and so he had the choice of dropping down a level in England, moving overseas if an option was there, or moving to the second best club in Scotland where he can play in Europe and challenge for trophies.  Aberdeen would have been very appealing in that case, especially given that he likely has family and friends up here which makes his life a lot better than it would be in Walsall or Rotherham or some other nowhere town in England.

It's a bit like the discussion that more Scottish players should be playing outside the UK.  Of course it would be good for Scottish football to have more guys picking up a different style of football, but that doesn't mean it's the right decision for for any individual player to do so.  You're basically asking a young guy to move away from home and adapt to a different culture without a support network around him, and while there are lots of potential benefits to an individual, there's also that chance that it can all go wrong.  When you can live in England or stay in Scotland with the Old Firm and earn just as much or more money then there's not a great deal of incentive to take that bigger leap.

You make out that it is only Scots that fail in the graveyard that is English footie
Plus at the last count their are over 50 players that Gordon Strachan can call upon for the national team
the English championship is full of Scots

I was about to raise this point basically.
Can anyone list the players that have gone down from the Scottish leagues and lasted 5 years or longer (seems a fair amount) compared to the players that have went down and come back within 4 years?

1 hour ago, SlayerX said:

OK. Do you know Supras's real name?

If you want I'll post any ID that you want. 

The paranoia in this place is so strange.

Supras'

2 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

I didn't want to join "the witch hunt" but I think that post came straight after a post telling someone else to learn English. Only P&B.

No. That's completely fine, but my version was correct.

46 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

I'm starting to think that it's a Scottish forum paranoia. And I'm not even kidding.

The "good people" over at tamb were forever hitting the drum that I was an alias of someone who got banned.

I just don't think Scots, as a people in general, can cope with a strong personality, so they have to concoct little fantasies that said person has a pre-existing relationship, etc.

Let me tell you, I have no grudge against anyone here, I've never talked to anyone in another guise. And to be perfectly honest, you're all coming off as rather creepy.

the only one coming across as "creepy" is you. you complete oddball.

Embarrassing that Stewart has elected the prospect of experiencing Europa League qualifying football and the possibility of challenging for domestic trophies. He would have been better really challenging himself with a big side like Walsall or Fleetwood Town in League One for a season. 

Fixed for you...

Archived