SNES Classic Edition

Boostin' Kev

It looks great, its wasted potential though, no reason it shouldn't have the entire snes library on there.

Hardcore gamers will have played all the games years ago but its a good product for nostalgias sake.

11 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Similar to the NES one that came out a year ago.  Looks good if that's your kind of thing.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/06/26/nintendo-snes-classic-edition-release-date/

The pre-installed games include Contra III: The Alien Wars, Donkey Kong Country, EarthBound, Final Fantasy III, F-ZERO, Kirby Super Star, Kirby’s Dream Course, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mega Man X, Secret of Mana, Star Fox, Star Fox 2, Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Super Castlevania IV, Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Super Punch-Out!!, and Yoshi’s Island.

A good list of pre-installed games there and amazing to see the almost mythical Star Fox 2 there.  I'd be tempted to get one of these.  Apparently Nintendo have learnt the lessons from the NES Classic so hopefully they'll manufactured more then about 10 of them!

34 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

It looks great, its wasted potential though, no reason it shouldn't have the entire snes library on there.

Hardcore gamers will have played all the games years ago but its a good product for nostalgias sake.

I'd have thought the royalty payments might have made it a tad unaffordable.

This must have been announced when I left work last night and the pre-orders were sold out at Smyths and Amazon by the time I got home.

Not that I really need it - I've played all of the titles on there that I want to play, plenty times before.  It does look good though.

Will be doing my absolute best to get this when it comes out, was gutted when I couldn't get a hold of the NES one, I'd be sick to not get one of these, it looks unbelievable.  

Why wouldnt you just play the games on an emulator?

A lot of people like the nostalgia and feel of old consoles and games (even though it's a remake).

Ramagamma for example loves his old games.

10 hours ago, Mr X said:

Why wouldnt you just play the games on an emulator?

I've only ran an emulator on my laptop and didn't connect it to my TV (not sure what size tbh but pretty big) do you think this SNES would "blow up" to a big TV better than an emulator via HDMI if that makes any sense?  It's something I'd be happy to pay £70 for just for the fun of it.

7 hours ago, XIII said:

Missed out again, but as bungle said, just run a emulator in a raspberry pi

Had a look at those rasberry pi's I know they're supposed to be excellent, don't think I have the tech interest to use them.

I wouldn't get one because I'd just use an emulator. I've got RetroPie on my Raspberry Pi hooked up to the big telly. But there are tons of folk who aren't tech-savvy enough to set that up. That's who they're marketed towards.

I used snes9x on my laptop with some other program that let me use my ps4 controller. Should probably get a raspberry pi, I'm sure I could figure it out if I was patient enough. Does that do the kodi things like streaming tv/films as well? 

Archived