SNES Classic Edition

Boostin' Kev

2 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I used snes9x on my laptop with some other program that let me use my ps4 controller. Should probably get a raspberry pi, I'm sure I could figure it out if I was patient enough. Does that do the kodi things like streaming tv/films as well? 

I had a Pi that was set up to use XBMC, pre-Kodi.  I used it to watch ripped films rather than stream them.  It was quite slow and laggy so I sold it and went with an Apple TV instead to stream the stuff that I had on my Mac.  There are newer versions of the Pi that probably work better now and would be fine for emulators.  You can buy these things with the right software pre-installed these days.

On 27/06/2017 at 13:19, NorthernLights said:

A good list of pre-installed games there and amazing to see the almost mythical Star Fox 2 there.  I'd be tempted to get one of these.  Apparently Nintendo have learnt the lessons from the NES Classic so hopefully they'll manufactured more then about 10 of them!

mario rpg is an absolute classic, then final fantasy 3 as well, two outstanding games s a better launch lineup than the switch :lol:

21 hours ago, Mr X said:

Why wouldnt you just play the games on an emulator?

I presume these things are aimed at people who wouldn't know how to get hold of one, or the games themselves. Plus, they admittedly do look rather cute, and you can be sure some folk will want them for decoration.

Also, I'm told that some folk have these things called 'morals' that make them unwilling to play pirated software  :P

• 5 months later...

Got one for the boy today, he's 13 so knows about the snes and the games but never played them (the good ones anyway), so far he's getting torn into zelda: a link to the past, when i can get him off it im playing ff3, played SF2 turbo few times, still remember the moves and how rock hard they were to do with a control pad instead of a joystick lol

Definitely worth the purchase for old time memories, the games on it are actually damn good

• 2 weeks later...

Got one of these a few months ago and spent most of the time since tearing Mario Kart a new one. Spent the entire last weekend playing TLOZ;ALTTP, and it's just the nuts. I remember having both first time round and to this day I've no idea how I found the time to pick up any Standards Grades. 

Starfox still has the same flaws as before - no save point, looks ropey as f**k - but the hits - Street Fighter II, SMW - are still awesome. 

It would be perfect if they'd stuck Pilotwings and Sim City on it as well. Then I'd never leave the house. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Took me about 20 shots to get the first mine cart level - pretty sure i strolled it as a kid!

Still got the original and it took me forever to get that level done. Since then found out If you jump over the cart at the beginning there's a warp barrel to end. :o 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Despite still having an original snes and about 18 carts I decided to buy one of these last night as it's  still a lot cheaper than buying the games I wanted. Should get delivered tomorrow. Tesco selling factory reconditioned ones for £59.99 with a years warranty just now. 

Anyone want to buy an original snes? :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...

Archived