The Loch

Stevo Fife

Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this, but then again...

What a load of utter shite. An ITV disaster of a show.

A decent cast ruined by a pish script. Whoever through this together done it in a hurry.

On the plus side, some nice scenery.

Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this, but then again...
What a load of utter shite. An ITV disaster of a show.
A decent cast ruined by a pish script. Whoever through this together done it in a hurry.
On the plus side, some nice scenery.

Agreed. The wife's still engrossed. I was bored of it by episode 2. Also, Grey O'Brian is an utterly dreadful actor. But aye, nice scenery up that way.

Started promisingly, ruined somewhat by an endless series of cliches, piss-poor attempts at accents and the fact that I've seen two full episodes of something set around Loch Ness and it hasn't pished down yet. 

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

Started promisingly, ruined somewhat by an endless series of cliches, piss-poor attempts at accents and the fact that I've seen two full episodes of something set around Loch Ness and it hasn't pished down yet.

I agree, apart from the 'started promisingly' bit - I wouldn't even credit it with that. There seems to be an increasing trend in television dramas to show life outside cities (and not just Scotland) as dark and sinister where everyone has a secret to hide.

The biggest mystery is why I'm still watching it. Probably hoping Evie is he next victim. Irritating little arse.

Aye dreadful character. Quite impressive that a town/village on loch Ness is populated entirely by people from England n central Scotland. Surely it wouldn't have killed them to have the odd highland accent. It's a lazy broadchurch / hamish mcbeth rip off.

I take it you haven't been to the Highlands recently?

Is where im from originally n still go back enough to know that this is down to lazy casting and production rather some incisive social commentary.

I had to watch the second episode when I hadn't seen the first, so admittedly I wasn't going to be all that into it anyway, but I thought that John Sessions' ranty police chief was a particularly bad performance and character. 

I must be the only 1 that thinks it's been pretty good so far, a bit cheesy at times and obviously a bit far fetched aswell but very watchable.
And I've no idea who the killer is yet....

I can tell you if you'd like to know as it's already been shown in April/May in Australia as "Loch Ness". I won't though.

On 26/06/2017 at 10:07, Northboy said:

I agree, apart from the 'started promisingly' bit - I wouldn't even credit it with that. There seems to be an increasing trend in television dramas to show life outside cities (and not just Scotland) as dark and sinister where everyone has a secret to hide.

You ve never been to wanlockhead then.

Anyone watch this last night?
The story has taken a couple of more outrageous turns, cant be bothered with it after an OK start, but will need to stick with it now till the finale next Sunday.

Another episode and there will be no-one left in the village. Getting a bit ridiculous now.

Archived