Annan Athletic 2017/18 thread

21 hours ago, Solway Star said:

Cheers annanbear would agree with all you said also liked the look of the 7 that played

first half! This new manager seems to be doing things the right way with his pursuit of 

players. See you at Gretna at weekend?

Aye am heading through to gretna this weekend,planning on going sat and sun.will give us a better look at these trialist against teams more annans level.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Crr2 said:

Right back number 2 

was Jack. Brannan

ex queens player 

Jim Atkinson has posted on social media that he has signed. Sure Jack Brannan would do well too. He walked away with all Gretna player of the year awards last season after playing for them on loan from us and joining fully after Xmas. He had a trial at Ipswich last year too I think.

Add both to Hooper, Aidan and Moxey, and Dan Orsi for that matter and its quite the ex Queens side. Orsi apart its half the team that won last year's Development League West. Be interesting to see how they make the step to regular first team SPFL football. I suspect they will all do well.

Jim Atkinson has posted on social media that he has signed. Sure Jack Brannan would do well too. He walked away with all Gretna player of the year awards last season after playing for them on loan from us and joining fully after Xmas. He had a trial at Ipswich last year too I think.
Add both to Hooper, Aidan and Moxey, and Dan Orsi for that matter and its quite the ex Queens side. Orsi apart its half the team that won last year's Development League West. Be interesting to see how they make the step to regular first team SPFL football. I suspect they will all do well.

It's on the club website that he has signed.
A good addition to the squad.

Either Stevenson is very unfit or he's just a lazy type of player , cause he was poor v Workington. Was quite impressed with Gaffer Murphy in MF.

No.14 played well in the 2nd half. Nothing up front whatsoever. 

Ideally need to get a target man in up top for Smith to play off. Hopefully Smith gets a prolonged run in the side unlike last season, if he does he'll easily score 20+ this season.

8 hours ago, AnnanDaft said:

Either Stevenson is very unfit or he's just a lazy type of player , cause he was poor v Workington. Was quite impressed with Gaffer Murphy in MF.

That sounds pretty much exactly what he was like with us I'm afraid.

Ideally need to get a target man in up top for Smith to play off. Hopefully Smith gets a prolonged run in the side unlike last season, if he does he'll easily score 20+ this season.

I thought he was only being left out of the team because he was still playing for queens under 20 team? Certainly looked very good when given an extended run at the end of the season. I agree we defo need a target man as well and I'm thinking maybe Stevenson is meant to be it but I don't think he's mobile enough. Owen Moxon looked very good.

I thought exactly the same against QOS, the other night. If the ball isn't played within 2yds of him, he seem to be not arsed.

Played well today.thought when gretna took the lead we were in for another tough game.moxon had a good game,omar made plenty runs and took on the defenders with ease,hoping sinnamon can get signed up after todays display aswell.as for stevenson,fingers crossed after a few games his fitness will improve and with his experience am sure he will be an asset to the annan this season.

19 minutes ago, annanbear said:

Played well today.thought when gretna took the lead we were in for another tough game.moxon had a good game,omar made plenty runs and took on the defenders with ease,hoping sinnamon can get signed up after todays display aswell.as for stevenson,fingers crossed after a few games his fitness will improve and with his experience am sure he will be an asset to the annan this season.

Aye I agree with everything there. I'm hoping Stevenson is just unfit & needs a couple of games.. 

I know it was only Gretna eh, but we played some nice stuff today. Playing the ball on the deck looks very strange after watching the hoof football under Chapman. Long may it continue.

16 minutes ago, Holmes1970 said:

Who is this SInnamon guy and was there any other decent trialists on show ?

Started at rangers,was on loan at galabank a couple seasons ago but didnt play much.played up in elgin last year but again didnt seem to get much of a chance up there either.murphy has played him in midfield instead of a defender so it seems.thought number 7 on the wing had a good game today,dont know his name.

Started at rangers,was on loan at galabank a couple seasons ago but didnt play much.played up in elgin last year but again didnt seem to get much of a chance up there either.murphy has played him in midfield instead of a defender so it seems.thought number 7 on the wing had a good game today,dont know his name.

Number 7 looked good was getting called Matty but no idea who he is.

Archived