Annan Athletic 2017/18 thread

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, annanbear said:

rabin omar signs up for another season and ryan stevenson has supposedly signed aswell

Copied and pasted from part of the message on the website that i can see.

The club are tonight delighted to announce the signing of former Hearts, Partick Thistle and Ipswich Town midfielder Ryan Stevenson. The 32 year old …

Whereabouts is that on your website, I can't seem to find it?

Assuming the move is true I really hope it works out for Stevo. He was a bit of a disaster for us in all honesty, and seemed to be hit by a few demons off the pitch as well. He joined Raith, then Troon, then agreed to sign for Peninsula Strikers all within a couple of months of leaving the Rock.

He has plenty of ability, he can deliver a belting corner and will score a few 35 yarders - of that I have no doubt. Aside from that though he offered little, he couldn't run, jump or tackle, and whilst he'd do two or three sensational things a game, he's contribute little else.

As I said I hope it works out. He seems like a genuinely decent guy, who just needs to rediscover his love for the game.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Whereabouts is that on your website, I can't seem to find it?

Assuming the move is true I really hope it works out for Stevo. He was a bit of a disaster for us in all honesty, and seemed to be hit by a few demons off the pitch as well. He joined Raith, then Troon, then agreed to sign for Peninsula Strikers all within a couple of months of leaving the Rock.

He has plenty of ability, he can deliver a belting corner and will score a few 35 yarders - of that I have no doubt. Aside from that though he offered little, he couldn't run, jump or tackle, and whilst he'd do two or three sensational things a game, he's contribute little else.

As I said I hope it works out. He seems like a genuinely decent guy, who just needs to rediscover his love for the game.

For some reason it wasnt in the news hub.on the home page i scrolled to the bottom and seen a message that couldnt be opened

IMG_0440.thumb.PNG.5d6c91cf346d662d37ed0c2654442e0c.PNG

14 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

Maybe they've not signed, hence why it's been taken off???

Then why say that they had signed him on the website?shouldnt have put it out there if it isnt true.i found it strange that it wasnt in the news hub,thats why i took the screenshot.

Then why say that they had signed him on the website?shouldnt have put it out there if it isnt true.i found it strange that it wasnt in the news hub,thats why i took the screenshot.

Possibly just an error maybe somebody rushing and not checked beforehand?

Maybe they've not signed, hence why it's been taken off???

Sometimes website posts are buffered prior to things like pictures being taken, and registration being fully completed. I remember our website had a fault a few years ago where buffered items ended up on Twitter - and that included signing news a few days before it went live.

14 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Have we got 11 signed players yet ?

Debut for the Shadow ? Lol

I've been keeping an eye on the website,a week maybe 2 weeks ago it wasnt updated.still had jim chapman as the manager and all the old players that had already left.its now updated with all the players that have left are gone from the website with osadolor,watson,cuddihy and dachnowicz all still there to see.are they still with us?also what about omar?it said he had signed on the other night but that was the message that got deleted along with ryan stevenson.stevenson was announced a couple days later but nothing about rabin.

Archived