Annan Athletic 2017/18 thread

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Hope not, he's player coach at Raith.

I would like to hope its true as it was told over by the chairman.nothing on the annan website but thats not unusual.i do find it abit strange that he would leave a player coach job with raith to play for us.

Caught out quickly yesterday against stenhousemuir

There was however a few decent spells of passing and moving once we got the ball on the floor .

Weren't winning the long high ball , would of had Henderson on sooner for that type of ball .

Left back number 3 looked really good on the ball, . I would have him further up the pitch .

Keeper done well . Decent kick on him .

Not a bad point really after going behind so quickly

Massive test on Saturday

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably adding 2+2 and making 5, but seems strange that he's resigning. He was all for the club being fan owned, and when this happens he walks away.
Heard that SFA, weren't happy how the club handled the situation when he was up for betting irregularities. Now he's meant to be back up in front of SFA. Coincidence??

4 hours ago, Shputnik said:

Henry was always going to resign after he was elected as a councillor for the SNP it's got f**k all to do with betting and the SFA .

This..... really don't care about speculation! Henry has done a great job for Annan,my only fear is 

the club stagnating if we don't get the right person to take over!

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if this has been asked / discussed already but how is Brandon Luke getting on with you guys? I've noticed he's started the majority of your matches since he joined on loan but was on the bench on Saturday. 
Cheers. 

Any Annan fans have any thoughts on Luke?thought he looked impressive in the u20s but it's a long way from first team games.

• 1 month later...

I  heard today all the football pennants normally in the cabinet in the corridor are up for sale in the club shop.Surely this is  disrespectful to all the club's gracious enough to present them to the club.It's like selling part of the club's  history. They could have been a feature  in the  big  room which lacks decoration since the old  photos were taken down years ago.Smacks a bit  like Charles Green behaviour at Ibrox. I hope I've been misinformed.

Archived