Season 1997-98

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quality jakey in dumfermline shouted at me and friends walking pass him "there schneiders"stopped and asked him what are schneiders he pointed to my green lacoste trainers he was wearing suede moccasins then reel me in talking about having jock stein first, earned the pound i gave him for his next wee dram:) 

28 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Quality jakey in dumfermline shouted at me and friends walking pass him "there schneiders"stopped and asked him what are schneiders he pointed to my green lacoste trainers he was wearing suede moccasins then reel me in talking about having jock stein first, earned the pound i gave him for his next wee dram:) 

FCeqsn7FF2xIQ.gif.035c0f255c651bda6c0362952bd1c95f.gif

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Where is dumfermline?

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

ICT were mid-table in the 2nd.  Behind the likes of Stranraer and Clydebank.

Season 2018-19 thread for this pish.

10 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Is the famous 1990s top quality fitba we're all supposed to yearn for? Jeez, I thought it'd be better than that! 

We got absolutely pumped IIRC, never got a kick till the end. If memory serves too, just before this clip, Darren Jackson was trying to take it to the corner to finish the game and got tackled. 

Played some good stuff that season in other games tbf, home to Dunfermline, Aberdeen, away to Motherwell stick out for some reason.

Guest JTS98

Great season for the Hearts, clearly. I actually watched this myself a few weeks ago.

Hearts dished out some real pastings. Aberdeen 4-1 home and away, 4-1 at Motherwell when we were 3-0 up in 2o minutes, 3-0 at half time at Killie, coming back from 2-0 down to win 4-2 at Fir Park, Salvatori's goal at East End Park, Gary Naysmith's goals at St Johnstone and at home to Aberdeen...

Great memories. Arguably one of our best performances was the League Cup quarter final when we slaughtered Dunfermline at East End Park but somehow lost to a last-gasp Alan Moore goal at the death in extra time. I remember the Herald's match report saying 'Robbery can sometimes be daylight, but it was floodlit last night at East End Park'. Still, a great night with a big crowd on the terrace under the floodlights. One of the last times I experienced that.

Then we won the cup. Which was nice... But seriously, that season was the culmination of the great work done by Jim Jeffries and Billy Brown in the previous two seasons to build that squad. Great to watch. Ran out of legs for the championship race, but delivered ultimately.

Archived