Season 1997-98

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good memories there.  Those weird Motherwell kits, no squad numbers, some dodgy decisions for the Glasgow clubs, ropy goalkeeping all over the shop and a mediocre Dons team. 

Wtf was going on with John Leslie's extra long jaiket? 

Turned oit to be a wonderful season for us. Though at the start we lost our first two games, followed by winning eight on the bounce then another two defeats. The league cup win against Dundee United at Ibrox was wonderful. But a nerve shredding season where I thought we were trying to hand Rangers ten in a row (they probably thought they were desperate ti give it away. Given the inconsistency both teams showed) 

I was at Dunfermline the 2nd last game when I thought we'd blown it completely. Thankfully Henrik and Harald (eventually) put St Johnstone to the sword. Special mention to George O'Boyle for missing thst sitter.

I thought the whole show was great even though it basically ignored Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Dunfermline.

The Rangers signings in the close season were frightening, about £10m on defenders.

If anyone can find any of the other ones online from late 90s please share.

57 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

John Leslie's jacket doing nothing to dissipate his reputation as a sex pest.

56 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Was probably going for an evening's flashing after filming.

Clearly it was to conceal his crippling erection that he had pretty much all the time in those days

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Surely your lot under Burley ??

It could and perhaps should have been, but they won it comfortably in the end. Really, there was no going back after our game on New Years Day that season. *shudder*

Archived