Lanark United 2017/18

bc57

Having lost 3 key players in the shape of David O'Donnell ( Fauldhouse), Cameron Lawson ( Cambuslang), Kieran McGurk ( amateur) the local paper is reporting that we have signed:

Jamie Brophy from Shotts

Kyle Gillespie - Blantyre Celtic

Darren Sneddon - Wishaw

Andy Crilly is also leaving due to work and our longest serving player in my 10 years following Lanark, Davie Collins is described as unlikely to be resigning apparently also due to work committments, which would be a surprise.

I have not read anything saying who from last season has actually re-signed.

Any news about the comings and goings to and from The Yowes would be most welcome.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lanark will start pre season on Wednesday 28th June.

Re-signed players are;

Gareth Halford
Paul Burns
Sean Gallagher
Peter O'Donnell
Dale Gordon
Jordan Munn
Ronan Kearney (on loan from Alloa)
Stuart Annetts

On top of the returning players, there are 3 confirmed new signings as previously mentioned and a further 6 players attending training on Wednesday.

Hopefully further signings will be announced in the near future.

Lanark also welcome to the club James 'Jazza' McBride as a coach. Jazza brings a wealth of junior and amateur experience and will be a great asset.

9 hours ago, Yowes news said:

Re-signed players are;

Gareth Halford
Paul Burns
Sean Gallagher
Peter O'Donnell
Dale Gordon
Jordan Munn
Stuart Annetts

On top of the returning players, there are 3 confirmed new signings as previously mentioned and a further 6 players attending training on Wednesday.

Lanark also welcome to the club James 'Jazza' McBride as a coach. Jazza brings a wealth of junior and amateur experience and will be a great asset.

Thank you for this update. Great to see that some key players have signed upper next season

19 hours ago, Yowes news said:

Re-signed players are;

Gareth Halford
Paul Burns
Sean Gallagher
Peter O'Donnell
Dale Gordon
Jordan Munn
Stuart Annetts

How is Alan Christie recovering from his bad injury?

Any chance of the legend that was Shug returning?

How is Alan Christie recovering from his bad injury?
Any chance of the legend that was Shug returning?

Alan will undergo his operation this week and a contract offer is there for him to sign whenever he feels fit enough to play again. He's been a great all round player for Lanark over the last 2 seasons.

Shug will be at preseason training on Wednesday and will hopefully, work commitments allowing, be a part of the team for the forthcoming season.

4 hours ago, Yowes news said:

Alan will undergo his operation this week and a contract offer is there for him to sign whenever he feels fit enough to play again. He's been a great all round player for Lanark over the last 2 seasons.

Shug will be at preseason training on Wednesday and will hopefully, work commitments allowing, be a part of the team for the forthcoming season.

Excellent news, on both counts.

6 confirmed new signings for Lanark so far.

Kyle Gillespie (def) from Blantyre Celtic
Jack Stubbs (def) From Eddlewood Amateurs
Jamie Brophy (def) from Shotts
Darren Sneddon (mid) Wishaw Amateurs
Martin Hannaway (Striker) from Forth
Johnny Duncan (GK) formerly of Cambuslang

All 6 are delighted to be part of the club and it's great to have their enthusiasm on board.

Further signing news will follow in due course.

Another addition to the backroom team is Scott Gemmell. Scott has managed Mill Utd for the past few years with great success and brings excellent knowledge of the U'18/19/21 age groups, something that will prove invaluable to Lanark Utd.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2017 at 22:34, Lord Elron said:

Understand you will have a Sunday amateur team this season

I believe our U19 squad have moved forward into the amateurs. Hopefully some will graduate into The Juniors

Local paper says we have signed the following players:

Jamie Brophy - ex SBA

Conor Stewart - ex Larkhall

Martin Hannaway - ex Forth

Darren Sneddon - ex Wishaw HS FP

Kyle Gillespie  - ex Clydesdale Amateurs

Jonathan Duncan - ex Croftfoot Amateurs

Anyone got any insights into these guys.

Delighted we have retained:

Gareth Halford

Ronan Kearney

Paul Burns

Peter O'Donnell

Shaun Gallagher

Stuart Annetts

Also retained Jordan Mini and Dale Gordon who joined towards the season end but did not feature much

No confirmation that we have re-signed the legend that is Shug, however.

Local paper says we have signed the following players:
Jamie Brophy - ex SBA
Conor Stewart - ex Larkhall
Martin Hannaway - ex Forth
Darren Sneddon - ex Wishaw HS FP
Kyle Gillespie  - ex Clydesdale Amateurs
Jonathan Duncan - ex Croftfoot Amateurs

Anyone got any insights into these guys.

Delighted we have retained:

Gareth Halford
Ronan Kearney
Paul Burns
Peter O'Donnell
Shaun Gallagher
Stuart Annetts
Also retained Jordan Mini and Dale Gordon who joined towards the season end but did not feature much

No confirmation that we have re-signed the legend that is Shug, however.

Conor hardly featured for larkhall last season, two of our best players last season where our wide men which I believe he is. So I'm not really helping you much! lol

I remember the guy Hannaway from a few games last season, I'm surprised he's dropped a league and I think he'll do well for Lanark.

How has Paul Burns got on since he joined?

6 minutes ago, LT1878 said:

Conor hardly featured for larkhall last season, two of our best players last season where our wide men which I believe he is. So I'm not really helping you much! lol

I remember the guy Hannaway from a few games last season, I'm surprised he's dropped a league and I think he'll do well for Lanark.

How has Paul Burns got on since he joined?

Paul has done really well since his return, apart from a dodgy first half in his first game back in central defence against Newmains. Helped to settle our penalty hoodoo into the bargain.

A 1-5 win is heartening. Any news to report from the game or about the squad?

MIA today, Monday and next Saturday I'm afraid. Work and collecting brownie points is my pre season mission.

A 1-5 win is heartening. Any news to report from the game or about the squad?
MIA today, Monday and next Saturday I'm afraid. Work and collecting brownie points is my pre season mission.

Currently enjoying sunnier climates but a comfortable win I'm reliably informed.

2 goals apiece for Ronan Kearney and Stuart Annetts and another from Peter O'Donnell.

Pleasing result to start the season.

Archived