Lanark United 2017/18

bc57

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ryso Mac said:

Bc on the defensive! 

U guys fancy urselfs for promotion this season? 3rd time lucky after blowing it the last 2 seasons. 

A pumping normally suggests a much bigger margin of victory.  Our illustrious local rag runs the headline - "Topsy turvy semi sees 'Gow prevail eventually at Utd'.  No indication within the report we were pumped by our local rivals.   I have no doubt that at some point this season I shall be the first one on here saying we've been pumped!  Hopefully not often however.

3 hours ago, geomac100 said:

Long season ahead at Lanark ... not impressed so far but will reserve judgement until season underway

squad lacking in quality already emoji53.png

Granted I have not been to our two games but, after a friendly and a low key cup tie I'd say it is too early to predict anything for most teams. Fitness, or lack thereof, is a major factor at this time. Some guys may even be on holiday.

Blackburn 4 Lanark 0

Now that sounds like a pumping.

Larkhall on Wednesday appears quite a challenge for our first competitive game of the season. Pleased to say I will be making my debut so will be able to report for myself.

Blackburn 4 Lanark 0
Now that sounds like a pumping.
Larkhall on Wednesday appears quite a challenge for our first competitive game of the season. Pleased to say I will be making my debut so will be able to report for myself.

Sounds and was a pumping. First half Blackburn were miles ahead of Lanark. Second half Blackburn eased of and Lanark came more into it. The sending off also helped Lanark.

All the best for the season ahead

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Viewparker said:

Thought Lanark have been very unlucky over the last two years. I haven't seen them this year but if you know better I will bow to your knowledge. 

Can you explain. ? 

We are 3 games into the new season and last night was as bad as I have seen for a long time.

Season before last we deserved nothing so we were not unlucky. Last season, after losing 3 of our first 4 we went on a run but we simply drew too many games, some of which we did well to get back into. Promotion was very much in our own hands and we simply did not take the opportunities so I'd say we were not unlucky last season.

I loved watching Alan McCrum. We were fortunate to have such an entertainer in our team but we became more of a cohesive, disciplined team after he left. Signing David O'Donnell from Newmains and Ronan Kearney from Alloa gave us the skill and the entertainment that he brought. DD got slightly fewer yellow cards than Alan!

This season we have not yet signed the calibre of player to replace DD, Kieran McGurk, Cameron Lawson, Andrew Crillie or Davie Collins. Alan Christie, another key man for us did his ACL at the season end and Gordon Murphy has had to retire due to injury. We have now lost Hugh Kelly to Ireland which is another blow.  That is 8 guys who were always in our team.

As for the manager's position, that is for others to decide. Last season he sourced some quality recruits. That is the key when working on challenging budgets. 

The commitee must have a look at themselves aswell to be truthful the team have blown promotion 2 years on the spin me yet they Don't sack the manager Lanark will be in the bottom league for a long time if they don't have a shake up unfortunately. Bc ur right recruitment is key but I would be willing to bet Lanark have as big a budget as other teams in the league.

4 hours ago, bc57 said:

We are 3 games into the new season and last night was as bad as I have seen for a long time.

Season before last we deserved nothing so we were not unlucky. Last season, after losing 3 of our first 4 we went on a run but we simply drew too many games, some of which we did well to get back into. Promotion was very much in our own hands and we simply did not take the opportunities so I'd say we were not unlucky last season.

I loved watching Alan McCrum. We were fortunate to have such an entertainer in our team but we became more of a cohesive, disciplined team after he left. Signing David O'Donnell from Newmains and Ronan Kearney from Alloa gave us the skill and the entertainment that he brought. DD got slightly fewer yellow cards than Alan!

This season we have not yet signed the calibre of player to replace DD, Kieran McGurk, Cameron Lawson, Andrew Crillie or Davie Collins. Alan Christie, another key man for us did his ACL at the season end and Gordon Murphy has had to retire due to injury. We have now lost Hugh Kelly to Ireland which is another blow.  That is 8 guys who were always in our team.

As for the manager's position, that is for others to decide. Last season he sourced some quality recruits. That is the key when working on challenging budgets. 

Thanks for that detailed reply. I thought McCrum and McGurk were as good a junior player as I've seen in the last few years they must be a big miss. I also thought you let big Jarvis go to early. He is an experienced player who is still scoring the goals at Forth and who would have helped bring on some of the younger boys 

Archived