Cardiacs

I seem to have developed a bit of a fixation for Cardiacs - I keep thinking 'I'm going to turn this off in a sec', but I don't seem to be able to stop listening.

They've been described at punk/prog, but that doesn't even get close to it.

Unbelievable musicianship, incredibly imaginative arrangements, and just general madness - they're fucking mental, actually.

Don't think they've ever had much in the way of commercial success, but the seem to have a very devoted following - probably the ultimate marmite band - folk either totally hate them or are besotted.

This is by far their most accessible track, but it's by no means typical - might have even been a hit with a more mainstream vocal, but it's a swooping, semi-gothic epic - I'm not posting the actual video, as that's more likely to put people off.

Anyway - shut up, Jim.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 00:13, Derek Patterson said:

Nice wee thing this lad has put together.

Saw that, DP - brilliant - I'd heard people comparing Cardiacs music to the compositions of Messiean in that past, but I could never see the link - I get it now.

You'll no doubt have seen that fans have raised £100,000 in support of Tim Smith's medical care - beautiful stuff. :bairn

• 2 years later...