Problem is vast Majority of Population don't give a shite

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is you have to make it relevant to the percentage of the population who take little or no interest in politics.

Scaring them seemed to work in 2014. Not saying the SNP or the wider Yes movement  should adopt similar  tactics, but you have to reach these people either by pointing out the benefits or pitfalls to them in an almost personal way.

Not easy when the vast majority of the main stream media  is controlled by Unionists. But at least the Yes movement have social media to give us a fighting chance.

I also feel the SNP press team don't impress at times. This is one area I feel the SNP need to get a grip. Far too much is said by Unionists almost without reply.  

43 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I enjoy a post on politics as much as anyone... we hear about tory scandals, labour incomptencies and SNP Holyrood failings. But most people take no heed or interest in any of that stuff

Bottom line is people will just vote yes or no; and that won't change soon..

It's a long game pal. 

The SNP need to argue forcefully that we must remain in the Single Market.  This will be opposed by Labour and the Tories and when the shit hits the fan we must remind the people of Scotland who is to blame.

Most voters have little or no interest in politics whatsoever, t'was ever thus.

Always makes me smile when people talk about a performance on Question Time as some kind of big win for one party or the other.    The average audience for question time is around 2.7 million, the vast majority will be partisan one way or another.  Over 32 million people voted a couple of weeks ago.

People have far more important things to be worrying about.  Would hardly say that's a problem. 

Most voters have little or no interest in politics whatsoever, t'was ever thus.
Always makes me smile when people talk about a performance on Question Time as some kind of big win for one party or the other.    The average audience for question time is around 2.7 million

Yup, exactly my point Lex

I enjoy a political conversation but the problem on here is the absolute and unrelenting intolerance for alternative P'sOV. Something You, Lambie Doos , are guilty of.

It's like an echo chamber most of the time, despite the fact that the prevailing mindset is  usually regularly pounded  to dust in UK wide  elections  .

20 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I enjoy a political conversation but the problem on here is the absolute and unrelenting intolerance for alternative P'sOV. Something You, Lambie Doos , are guilty of.

It's like an echo chamber most of the time, despite the fact that the prevailing mindset is  usually regularly pounded  to dust in UK wide  elections  .

Does anyone other than McSpreader know what this shite means ? 

2 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

I'd be worried if you didn't, although it could explain the blithe indifference to the results of national plebiscites.

1 minute ago, AUFC90 said:

I believe he might not understand our glorious SNP only stand in Scotland.   

I was drawn to the absolute mess of "P'sOV" because Points of view is so hard to spell.       

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I enjoy a post on politics as much as anyone... we hear about tory scandals, labour incomptencies and SNP Holyrood failings. But most people take no heed or interest in any of that stuff

Is people voting 'yes or no' the real reason why the SNP share dropped? 

The political agenda criticism is usually aimed at political types 'planted' in audiences as members of the public though.

Although on occasion this may be true there is a fairly obvious tendancy to label all dissenting voices "plants" while not applying the same critique to vociferous members of the audience who agree with your point of view.

Although on occasion this may be true

It happens every time QT comes to Scotland.
Its amazing how lucky the councillors and candidates are in the draw for a small amount of tickets.

I don't want to be associated with the some of the politics cheerleader types. I see the sort of oddballs they are whenever I pick up a newspaper.

I bought the Fife Free Press and The Courier today for the first time in while. The Courier has some lad saying the SNP only got 22% of the available votes and another lad saying Mundell (aye, seriously, it would make you weep) and Westminster know best. The Fife Free Press has some SNP supporter saying how great they are doing and moaning about the BBC.

Cannot be doing with them.

Good points there.
It's something I have been trying to get across in numerous posts.
People on here don't "discuss" anything. They shout, scream and throw personal abuse at anyone with a different point of view.

And when have I actually shouted at you oaksoft? Seems a bit strange that you have responded to Mr Shouty himself.

I have no problem with Mcspreader.

He expresses his views. Some I agree woth and some I dont.

Not once do I ever remember him chucking personal abuse at me though unlike many many others including yourself. That is why I am more likely to respond to him than some others. Life is too short to worry about those engaging in personal abuse.

Really.. and when did I chuck this abuse oaksoft. Think the most I have ever said re. you (generally when u off on a rant) is

Oaksoft :lol:

But heh ho... don't let the truth get in the middle of a good story

Archived