Hibernian Vs Partick Thistle - Saturday August 5

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, gingerjag said:

Mate that Thistle4eva is a troll. He had another account called Klamgers that got banned yesterday. 

Mate that isn't me for a start !! How am I trolling ? Because I'm quite happy with our midfield and think hibs might be slightly getting ahead of  Themselfs ? Geeze peace

5 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Mate that isn't me for a start !! How am I trolling ? Because I'm quite happy with our midfield and think hibs might be slightly getting ahead of  Themselfs ? Geeze peace

It's a fair point - we've a decent midfield, and there's no reason why we wouldn't be happy with it over another (newly promoted) team's.

7 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

It'll be a long afternoon for yourselves if you concentrate on just Swanson.

McGinn and and McGeough are ten-a-penny, Championship cloggers and Swanson is a chubby, volatile mess.

59 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

It seems Jagfox is the only decent, level headed Partick Thistle supporter on here. 

Because we don't think highly of a Hibs team (minus Cummings) that just got out of a league with part time fishermen and P.E teachers at the 3rd time of asking?

Why did Hibs drop so many points in such a poor league last season despite having an enormous financial advantage? Poor management from Neil Lennon? Poor attitude from the players? 

So many questions, so few answers.

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Terrible trolling.

Not trolling, I fully expect Bannigan, Osman and Barton to shit all over whatever bang average midfield combo you put up

If anyone is trolling, it's you lot expecting to finish in a european spot

Partick finish top 6 for the first time in years and they think they're world beaters :lol: 

McGinn, Bartley and McGeouch plus this new Lithuanian boy who had Scotland's midfield in his back pocket a few months ago will comfortably dominate whoever is in your midfield midfield and a team that includes Callum Booth 

Why did Hibs drop so many points in such a poor league last season despite having an enormous financial advantage? Poor management from Neil Lennon? Poor attitude from the players? 
So many questions, so few answers.

Continually playing sides who sat in and made it difficult. Under Lennon we never went gung ho and settled for a point regularly whereas under Stubbs we would have been trying to batter the door down. Which meant we lost way fewer games, but also won less as well. We lost 5 games in total out of 41 last season including cup competitions. We were well beaten twice all season.

In other words we were wildly more solid an outfit than under Stubbs, but we also made less chances and didn't control games as much. Which meant we were nowhere near as susceptible to losing breakaway goals etc which was our downfall under Stubbs.

Our defence this year will be rock solid, and our keeper is decent. In any game we're expecting to be under pressure we'll also play Bartley in front of them. Teams will struggle against us physically which I can't remember ever saying about a Hibs side before.

Hibs are going to be a bit of an unknown quantity going into this season. On paper and based on perceived club size/budget we'd expect them to be pushing us and St Johnstone away from the top 5 battle.

But on the other hand we've seen how fragile Hearts were and their top 5 was based almost entirely on RN rather than Cathro, and we've seen monied second-tier no-marks struggle to meet expectations before. Thistle always seem to take a while to find their feet, and this Hibs team isn't as obviously the overpaid shambolic mess we shat the bed against in our first season back up too many times. Equally though, this Thistle team is night and day to one with Mair and Piccolo.

Suspect Hibs will win, because of our wing back fragilities more than our centre-back problems, but we will get a goal and the midfield battle should be fairly even.

Archived